Code

(#Celltober2021 | artworks by saineko08, stories by Moriko_)

27 | Code

J-1178 | Cells at Work! BLACK

The young leucocyte was proud of her code. As for all her companions, that code was part of her identity: not only because it was her name, but because that sequence of letters and numbers indicated the job she was doing inside that organism.
She was proud of it, because that code represented all her being a "white blood cell", a warrior whose task was to protect and defend every cell that was part of that organism. That's why, more than anyone else in her team, J-1178 didn't hide that code she wore on her arm, on the contrary: she was disappointed when someone asked her what her name was, because that question meant that cell hadn't noticed something that seemed to be so visible.

In recent times, J-1178 was even more proud of the name she had. It was because that cell she loved more than any other, that red blood cell that was a bit reserved but held a lot of affection for her, had noticed that band she wore on her arm right away.
In fact, it was the first thing he had noticed when they had met. When they'd met for the second time, he'd called her by her name, without any hesitation in his tone of voice, and from that moment on, that "J-1178-san" had stuck in the leucocyte's mind.
She loved every nuance of the tone of voice that came out of that boy's lips, every time he said her code. Since they had met, J-1178's ears were paying more attention to this small detail, which she had come to appreciate every day she spent with that red blood cell.
She loved it because he had changed her life.
She loved it because the one who spoke his name was the one she loved more than anything else in the world.