Draw yourself as a RBC

(#Celltober2021 | artworks by saineko08, stories by Moriko_)

12 | Draw yourself as a RBC

Every day, in the human body, there are billions and billions of cells, each with a specific task: to defend the body from viruses and bacteria, to collect information to prepare the defenses for the next attack of enemies, to awaken immature cells or simply to divide themselves.
Last but not least, there are cells that are important for the functionality of the entire organism: red blood cells, which every day transport oxygen to every corner of the body, thousands of times over and reaching even the most remote places like the tips of the fingers.
Like their fellows, red blood cells have to cooperate with other cells... and there are those among them, who sympathize or quarrel with some of them, just as it happens with us humans.
«Do you really want to be caught?» said one of those cells, in the guise of a young girl with curly hair, sitting at a bench with her workmate; the latter, with shorter hair, was pretending to take notes on her notebook but was actually drawing the face of one of their raven-haired colleagues.
«Don't worry, I've planned it all» she replied cheerfully. «On the contrary, too bad he's not coming right now: it would have been nice to meet him!»
«Actually, I wasn't talking about him... but about her» the other pointed out, indicating a precise point behind her back.
The two turned around and didn't have time to greet the cell behind them, a young leucocyte with pink hair, who had immediately placed two small bottles of water on their heads.
«Are you slacking off?» she asked, with a very serious look on her face.
«No, sir!» replied the two of them in chorus, then they stood up, put the small bottles in their fanny packs and took in their hands the boxes full of oxygen they had left on the ground. As soon as they walked to the next destination, the leucocyte called them back.
«If you don't mind, I'll take the drawing you just made» she told the short-haired young erythrocyte with a smile. «I will take care of delivering it: I'm sure he will love it!»