Favorite outfit

(#Celltober2021 | artworks by saineko08, stories by Moriko_)

11 | Favorite outfit

Regulatory T Cell - Cells at Work! BLACK

From the day she became a T Regulatory cell, she didn't leave her home without first admiring herself in the mirror. She wasn't vain by nature, but since she wore those clothes she felt more beautiful than before: it was as if those clothes reflected herself, her true nature.
She had never loved black. It reminded her of the deep abysses in which the organism had been until recently: every time she had worn that uniform typical of immature cells, she always smelled death on her skin, even if she hadn't murdered anyone.
On the contrary, those clothes were a symbol of life. They were dominated by the color green, which reminded her of the evergreen trees of the dendritic cells, under which she took refuge when she needed comfort; an aquamarine shirt, like the sky she could now admire when she lifted her head upwards; the gem that stood out on her neck was red, the same color that ran along the body of the beneficial bacteria that had activated her.
That elegant suit perfectly reflected her true nature, peaceful and gentle. She wasn't born to kill, like most of her group mates, but to remind each one of them that the task of each cell was to cooperate with their fellows for the safeguard of the organism.
Without those clothes she would no longer be herself. She would have taken care of them for the rest of her life, because those clothes were part of her cellular tissue, her identity.