Favorite friendship

(#Celltober2021 | artworks by saineko08, stories by Moriko_)

7 | Favorite friendship

DA4901 and SS1104 - Cells at Work! BLACK

His brotherly friend's smile was one of those few aspects of life that gave DA4901 the energy to keep going.
There were many differences between them, which could be too many in the eyes of anyone observing them. Both physically and temperamentally the two were the opposite of each other: joy and brightness on one side, quietness and resignation on the other.
Nevertheless, DA4901 had always been attached to that silvery-haired red blood cell. If he thought about it, he could never explain why he had become so fond of SS1104 from the very first day their paths crossed: maybe because as a child he was afraid that his playmate would always get into trouble because of his temper and he was the only one who could stop him, or maybe because his friend had always been able to give him a smile when something was wrong.
DA4901 couldn't explain why, but he was sure of one thing: in times of trouble, the two of them could rely on each other's trust and support, despite their differences.
Whenever he was by SS1104's side, he felt more relieved and often wondered what he would do without his presence; only when he returned home he found the answer to that question, an answer that each time brought a deep sadness in his heart.
Without him DA4901 would no longer be anything, because his friend had become the reason why he was keeping on living.