Alcool

(#Celltober2021 | artworks by saineko08, stories by Moriko_)

20 | Alcool

AA2153 and AC1677 - Cells at Work! BLACK

Like all red blood cells, AA2153 didn't like that intense rain of alcohol that bathed their blood vessels every day. It was excessive, far too much to the point of creating strong feelings of nausea and lightheadedness in each of them: «We can't work in these working conditions!» AA2153 had often heard yelling that from his fellow workers, who were forced to go to the liver to remove as soon as possible all the dirty stuff that had impregnated their uniforms; not that they didn't like going to the liver, since it was the only pleasant thing about their job - spending time and chatting with hepatocytes - but that feeling was becoming more and more unbearable.
However, in recent times AA2153 had found a way to make that situation more bearable. His best friend, AC1677, was the only one among them who managed to transform the most difficult moments of their work into moments of fun: those moments were fleeting and would never fully satisfy their desire to live in a better world, but by the side of that ever-joyful red blood cell AA2153 had begun to feel more relieved, even if he could not yet fully understand the reasons for that cheerful and somewhat bizarre behavior.
Every day, AA2153 was grateful to fate for allowing him to grow up in the same generation as his friend.
Every day, AA2153 was thankful to his friend for being able to cross the rain of alcohol with a small smile, hand in hand as they ran towards the liver without ever stopping.