Fear

(#Celltober2021 | artworks by saineko08, stories by Moriko_)

21 | Fear

AE3803 and U-1146 - Cells at Work!

«Is that a white blood cell?»
«He's covered in blood... he gives me the chills...»
Behind them, the normal cells had noticed the presence of a white blood cell, who was dragging the corpse of a germ and whose uniform was stained with blood. With the bloody knife still in his hand, the white blood cell walked unblinkingly, making his way among the thousands of cells that were carrying out their duties: his colleagues greeting him, while many red blood cells looked away from him and focused on the deliveries to be made.
Among them, a girl with a protruding tuft of red hair approached him and began to exchange a few words, cheerfully and freely.
The normal cells observed the whole conversation, rather surprised by what happened. It was rare, in fact, that a red blood cell shared part of its time with a white blood cell, with a ferocious killer of germs and bacteria, and suddenly the normal cells could swear the saw a smile between the lips of the white blood cell: in front of what seemed to be more a hallucination than reality, the cells squinted.
«You saw it too, right? That was a smile... a very creepy smile!»
«Yes... that's what it looks like... however, I keep wondering: how is she chatting with him? Maybe she doesn't realize she's dealing with a white blood cell, does she? If she bothers him, she'll be in trouble!»
«Blissful ignorance. If I were her, I would have run for the hills!»