Fight

(#Celltober2021 | artworks by saineko08, stories by Moriko_)

18 | Fight

J-1178 and U-1196 - Cells at Work! BLACK

«We're going to make our own future!»
Together, J-1178 added in thought. The young leucocyte was once again happy and determined to do her job, at the side of the person she was admiring: in recent times, that long-haired white blood cell that had arrived in that body after a blood transfusion, U-1196, had become her "big sister", not because of a cellular bond that united them, but because J-1178 had felt she had a special bond with her.
U-1196 was much more than a senpai, a veteran who gave advice on how best to perform their duties. She was an ally, a friend who could be counted on in times of need, because to that woman the lives of her companions were precious, even that of J-1178. The latter admired her because she was very brave and didn't give up in front of the smallest and easily surmountable difficulties: by her side J-1178 felt safe and, little by little, she regained the courage she had lost since she came out of the red bone marrow after her maturation.
«Don't worry about us... we're not going to die here!» the young leukocyte had heard from U-1196's mouth. As white blood cells, used to endless and exhausting struggles, both of them would never give up: they would never throw down their swords and run away in fear, because they would keep fighting until the end, until they defeated the last enemy, until their last breath.
They would do that by completely covering themselves with the blood of their enemies and tearing their white uniforms to shreds, only to return to their headquarters with a proud smile and reassure the other cells that, from that moment on, they would have nothing to fear.