Halloween

(#Celltober2021 | artworks by saineko08, stories by Moriko_)

31 | Halloween

AU (DA4901 and J-1178) | Cells at Work! BLACK

«You... are you really a sorcerer?»
J-1178 was carefully observing the young man in front of her. If it weren't for his clothes, she would have sworn that that guy was anything but a person with magical powers, capable of nullifying even his attacks.
In the world of vampires where she came from, it was rumored that they had to beware of sorcerers. From the stories that ran, she had imagined wizards as old men with long white beards and a big stick, but this young man was thin and good-looking, a figure totally opposite to the one in her mind.
«Yes, I am» replied that young man, without blinking. The small nameplate on his suit showed the code "DA4901," and immediately she took the opportunity to find out more... or, rather, catch him off guard to bite his neck.
«What does it say on that nameplate?» she asked, narrowing her distance from him.
The sorcerer blocked her with his staff, which materialized out of thin air. «Tsk tsk. It doesn't work on me: if you want my blood, you have to earn it.»
«Damn it!»
J-1178 snorted. «You're really boring, can't you play along?»
DA4901 laughed. Out of nowhere he materialized an ampoule full of blood, which he tossed to the vampire.
«Try it. It's my blood: if you like it.... I might think about it. In the very distant future, though... maybe when I die, because I won't be an easy meal to have.»