Hug/comfort

(#Celltober2021 | artworks by saineko08, stories by Moriko_)

26 | Hug/comfort

DA4901 and J-1178 | Cells at Work! BLACK

«I hate it...»
It had been too long since the young leucocyte had wanted to say those words. She would have wanted to shout them in the moments when despair assailed her, because paradoxically it was precisely in those moments that she always felt more weak, and alone.
The truth was that she was born to be a ruthless killer, and that hadn't changed even now that she had at her side someone she had sworn to protect at the cost of her life. To defend even the one she loved more than anything in the world she had to kill, kill and kill again, not only external enemies but also infected cells if she had to.
What if one day it would be her partner who would become an enemy to be wiped out? Would she have had the same courage, would she have drawn her sword and severed his life in cold blood?
No. J-1178 had already experienced that terrible feeling when she was getting ready to eliminate those old cells she had grown fond of, and she would never have wanted to see that situation repeated... ever again.
That's why, as soon as she heard that person she loved calling her, she ran to him and held him close. She didn't care if her face and hands were dirty with the remains of a bacterium: in that moment she just wanted to hug that red blood cell and tell him that terrible thought that was going through her mind.

«I hate it, 01-san... I don't want to become a heartless killing cell...»