CHAPTER 17: Sailing the ships (part 1)

Ei's POV:

I arrived to Miko's house a while ago. Yanfei and Hu Tao were already there, as were Sara and Kokomi. Sara approached me and said a few words in my ear. She said that my father had requested her father to keep an eye on me. It'll be problematic, but we'll think about it later.

I can also tell that Kokomi is making progress with my... cousin. Sara must have a soft place after all.

A/N: I will soon create a POV of them ><

In the meantime, Lumine and Ayaka have arrived. I'm surrounded by birds of love. I'm also taken aback by Zhongli's appearance. He's not the sort to go to gatherings like these, but... I'm curious why. Is it connected to Miko? I'm overthinking things, it's not like Miko is my... girlfriend.

Miko said something to Hu Tao in low voices. What could it possibly be? I'm intrigued. Zhongli approached them and spoke with Hu Tao.

"Hu Tao, correct?" he asked. "Mhm, your name is Zhongli, right? I heard about you being the top student in your class," Hu Tao replied.

"You're exaggerating," he said, chuckling. "Why, Mr. Zhongli, it's true," Hu Tao said in a... a flirtatious tone? Is she flirting with Zhongli? But... Yanfei, how about her? Hu Tao, I thought you liked Yanfei?

I looked at Miko, giving her a questioning look. She just gave me a smirk. Yes, a smirk. Sasayuri was right. She is indeed a cunning person, which reminds me of something from my memories. I can't quite remember.

Zhongli and Hu Tao continued to talk, leaving Yanfei out of place. I can see she's sad and angry.

"What are you planning?" I asked Miko as she approached and sat next me. "Just keep an eye on it; the main show will begin shortly," she said. I figured out her plan. Her plan was to make Yanfei jealous and... possessive. Yanfei, I know she doesn't want to share what's hers.

Itto and Gorou showed up. What an interesting pair. Miko greeted the two and urged them to go to the kitchen and make some snacks. We're going to watch, she said. I believe it's "Handmaiden"? I'm not certain. Miko didn't go into much detail.

Amber and Eula can't come, they're on a date. 

I took another look at the three. Yanfei appears to be... more enraged than before She'll blow up any minute now. Miko appeared to enjoy this, as she kept smirking and enjoying Yanfei's furious expression.

Miko laughed quietly since Yanfei had already exploded.

"Zhongli, may I take Hu Tao for a moment? I have some things to discuss.... privately," she faked to smile. How interesting. "All right," he said, looking at Miko and giving her a... thumbs up It was hidden, but I noticed it.

"Plan A worked," she said with a chuckle. "You're a very cunning person, Miko," I said. "I am, indeed," she said. "What is your contract, Zhongli enjoys making contracts," I said. "I'm not sure," she said, "but it's about Childe." He has a business partnership with my father's company, Childe. We met a couple times at various meetings. He has a lot of terrible rumors, but I don't judge him based on that. I suppose he has a purpose for doing such things. That is what I believe.

Yanfei's POV

I can not believe that I did that! Now what am I supposed to do? What do I need to discuss with her privately?

"What is it, Yanfei?" she asked. 

We're now in a different room. Miko's house was big, it has several rooms.

"I-um"

"Hmm?" she said.

"I.... don't know why I'm furious with you... being so close to others and forgetting about me... it continues making my... heart ache," I murmured.

What is this feeling? Do I like her? Do I like her "that way"?

"Are you jealous, Yanfei?" she said with a smirk. Am I jealous? Is this jealousy? 

"I-i don't know," I replied. "I see, is this what you want to talk about? I can't let Zhongli hanging there," she said. Again with him. I'm the one with her and she's thinking about my friend.

"Stop talking about him when you're with me," I said, my voice cold.

"Why?" she asked. "I just don't like it," I replied. "I think this is the best time to ask," she added. What better time to inquire?

"Yanfei, I know we only met a few days ago, but.... you really captivated my heart. Those emerald eyes that I admire make my heart beat faster whenever I look at them. The way you get frustrated in your book, you look cute. The way you speak is just like music to my ears. Every little thing that you do, I find it adorable,"

"I'm not going to ask you to answer it right away, but I will ask you to think about it. I like you, Yanfei. Think of me as your.... suitor," she added as she smiled and walked away.

She.... likes me? Why do I feel... happy? Why am I blushing? Hu Tao as a suitor? My heart is racing just thinking about it.

Fuck.

What have you done to me, taotao

A/N:

Welp enjoy this first, this is all what I can think about. I will make it longer soon! It's literally 1am here lol, so I can't think much.