CHAPTER 32

Ei's POV:

"What were you thinking sending someone to follow me?"

"I'm making sure you're not doing something.... stupid," he said.

"Don't pry into my life, Father; you know what I'll do if you don't stop," I hissed.

"Who do you think you're talking to?!" he said as he slammed his hand on the table.

"A selfish father who doesn't even think about his daughter's feelings!" I yelled.

He got silent, so I think I hit a nerve.

"I-i won't pry anymore, leave," he said.

I quickly left and walked outside to tell Sasayuri that we were returning to the apartment that Ayaka had lent me.

*

We've arrived at the apartment, and I've directed Sasayuri to return to Miko. I need some alone alone.

*

"So you're telling me she suspects you?" Ayaka said.

We're on the phone (video call), so I told her everything that had happened.

"Yes, and.... I was about to tell her, but she just said it's impossible that the girl she's referring to is me, so I decided not to," I said.

"You should've told her, idiot!" 

"I.... I don't know. I believe it's better that she doesn't know about it; my father is involved in it, and I don't want her life to be ruined because of me," I said.

"I just want to hit your father in the face because he irritates the hell out of me! From what I heard back then, he was kind as hell, but what happened now?!"

"T-that's what I'm thinking too, he just... changed after that accident. Well.... the both of us can't handle Makoto's... death,"

"But why did he become into a bitch, no offense, Ei," Ayaka grumbled. "No offense taken,"

"Okay, let's not speak about your father; let's talk about your Miko. I'm telling you, Ei. Confess! Or you'll regret it,"

"Ayaka, you know I can't do that; I'm getting married soon by your dear brother,"

"Who cares? You're just doing it for the show, and when you're not in front of everybody, you can date your actual love one," she said.

I gave her a no look.

"Archons, my brother is literally dating Thoma! He talked to Thoma about it, and he said he understands, as long as you know.... you're not going to take advantage of the marriage," Ayaka said, wriggling her brows.

"Oh for fucks sake, ew. I don't like men and will never like men; the thought of being all lovey dovey with him makes me sick," I hissed.

"Harsh," she laughed.

"Enough about me; how are you getting along with Lumine? I heard she and Yoimiya are becoming closer,"

"I-i like Yoimiya! I mean.... her radiant and energetic vibes! But... I can't bring myself to hate her, but I am jealous of her; it's just... Lumine likes being with her,"

"How can you say that?" 

"I always see Lumine laughing and smiling when she's with Yoimiya, but when she's with me... she just seems... I don't know, distant, like if we're so awkward," she sighed.

Lumine literally looks at you with heart eyes.

"You're overthinking things," I pointed out. She gave me a puzzled look.

"Try asking her; she could tell you, but what I know is that she's not distant from you," I said. "You know something, tell meeee," she whined.

Lumine likes you, dumbass. How did I find out? Miko told me.

"I don't know anything," I smiled. "Liar,"

"Ask her, don't be an idiot," I said. "You're actually calling me an idiot after telling Miko why don't you date me and now you're here telling me you can't confess to her?" Ayaka rolled her eyes.

"You were flirting with her, and you just gave her a sign!" she said. "That was not my intention!" "It was!" she said.

"I swear I wasn't thinking straight when I said that," I grumbled. "Whatever you say, Ms. flirtatious girl," she smirked.

This girl... she really gets into my nerves.

"You absolutely irritate the heck out of me," I said as I massaged my forehead.

"But you love me," she said, smirking. "No, I don't," I said. "You do," she replied. "Yeah, yeah, I love you even if you're a pain in the ass," I said, rolling my eyes.

*

Miko's POV

Lumine yelled into the phone, "SHE WAS FLIRTING WITH YOU!"

"Lower your voice," I sighed.

"Bro, are you blind or something? She was definitely giving you a hint! She's FLIRTING " 

"Lumine, I swear to the archons, if you shout again, I will fucking rip off your tongue,"

"Well, I'm lucky because tomorrow is Saturday," she said.

"Oh do you really think I'm not going there to your house?" 

"U-uh nevermind," she chuckled.

"So, what are you going to do? You already know she's your long-lost childhood friend who is going to be your lover," she laughed.

Yes, I told everything to this idiot and now I'm regretting it.

"I think we just said that because we were just kids," I sighed.

"Dude I can tell from your memories that SHE is deeply INLOVE with you," 

"I think it's just a phase," 

"Bitch, I truly despise this stage called denial," she said, rolling her eyes.

"What if she doesn't even remembers it," 

"I think she knows, are you stupid? You told me she said you were familiar when you were on the rooftop with her," she snarled.

That.... makes sense.

"Oh for fucks sake, just make a move on her! I thought you were that cunning and seductive clever girl who makes everyone fall in love with you? But right now you're having fucking love problems,"

"Shut up, this is different," I sighed.

"You shut up, if you don't make a move, someone will steal her! Rich people have problems, they always get arranged marriages," she said.

A/N: Lumine knows Ei's situation so she's kind of helping Miko to make a move and stop that arrange marriage with Ayaka's brother.

A WHAT?

"Excuse me, but did you just say arranged marriage?"

"Yes,"

Will I be okay... if she... marry someone else?

"H-how do you confess," 

She laughed loudly, "Oh my fucking archons!"

"I simply forgot you don't confess to someone since others are the ones who confess to you first," she laughed once again.

"Fuck I hate you so much," I groaned.

"I love you too," she laughed.

"Well, in terms of confessing, I, too, don't know how to confess; perhaps ask Hu Tao or Xiao, who have a love life," she said.

"I'll talk to them tomorrow, and I'll go to bed early since I'm so damned tired," I said.

"Well, it's because you went on a date with your lovely friend," she laughed.

"Shut up and goodnight," I said as I hung up the phone.

I will just... think about this tomorrow.