CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Tris

The meeting is at ten. It's already 9:50am.

"Tobias lets go!" I call.

We get out and lock the door.

"You sure about this?" I ask.

"Positive." He responds.

We reach the council room and knock on the door.

"Come in!" An unfamiliar voice calls out.

We enter the room. Christina, Caleb and other council members are already seated around a large rectangular shaped table.

Tobias and I sit on the two other empty chairs.

"Tris, Tobias, this is Charles. He's one of the main leaders of Detroit."

He offers his hand and we shake it.

"The Bureau is planning to attack in around a month." Charles says. "As most of us know, there are hundreds of people here who need to fight, but don't know how. So Meredith has offered to include the four of you to the council. We invite the four of you to recommend a few more people to help train the others."

"How many people are there?" Caleb asks. Such an Erudite.

"Three hundred and fifty-seven." Charles and Meredith say in chorus. "But you won't be asked to fight, we just want to ask you to help us figure out stuff, I mean, you're Erudite." Only Charles speaks this time.

"Training will start tomorrow make sure you have enough Dauntless or other good fighters to help out during the training sessions." Meredith says.

"Dismissed!" Charles and another leader say together then start to talk.

+++

The council meeting is over and I basically spent the whole meeting with tons of explanations being told.

We walk to the open grass field outside.

"Tris we need to talk." Tobias has a serious look in his eyes.

"Yeah sure. Whats up!" I say raising my eyebrows.

"To be honest I don't completely agree with the council." He leans against a tree, arms crossed. "So you think that we can just defeat the Bureau? The people who started this in the first place?" He raises his eyebrows. "So what happens after that? Who are going to be the leaders of the whole country, Detroit? The council? The people who can't do it themselves? They basically asked us to do all the work. They asked Caleb to do the thinking with Cara. They asked you, Christina and I to invite more people to train the people who can't even fight!"

"Tobias they did enough for us. Our safety and shelter was given to us with no complaints and you're going to go against us? And you were even part of the idea to come and help Detroit survive!" I try to say calmly but I spoke louder than I meant to.

It's raining. The thunder makes me jump up.

A tear runs down my face.

"You just don't get it don't you! You just wan't to fight. You're only thinking about yourself Tris? Everything is already about you! What about me Tris? What about me?" He walks away, leaving me in the rain.

"Walking away so you can have the last word, real mature Tobias!" I shout.
_________________________
A/N:
Does this ring any bells?

Yes haha Allegiant!
__________________________

He just walks away, not looking back, not even once.

Then I'm alone in the rain.