"OH MY! WE SCORED A REAL BEAUTY!"

The "mother" of Ogimoto House in the Yoshiwara district exclaimed delightfully upon seeing Sakura (who was in her human form). Immediately, she got a closer to her and examined her face.

"Her skin is so smooth and pale. Long black eyelashes and a pointy nose!" She remarks, bending down to lift the ends of her kimono to inspect her legs. "Not a spot as well!" Okaasan immediately straightened her back.

"And how old are you?" She asks, mentally crossing her fingers in the hopes that the young woman before her isn't beyond twenty two.

"I'm only eighteen." The young woman spoke. Hearing her soothing voice made okaasan and her husband fall for her already.

"Dear, where did you find her?" Okaasan turns to face her husband who was sitting beside her.

"She was all by herself by the riverbanks!" Her husband replies, "When I first saw her, my eyes immediately widened because she looked like a rose among the thorns! When I approached her, I asked if she was an oiran in training, to my surprise, she said no!"

Okaasan started jumping around in joy in her spot, her hands gripping on her husband's kimono sleeves while shaking him forward and backward. "I'm relieved!" She exclaims once more before turning to face Sakura.

"What is your name, dear?" 

"Sakura" 

Okaasan was stunned for a second. A pretty name for a pretty girl. Blinking her eyes twice, she turned to Sakura once more. "Dear, do you want to become an oiran?"

It was Sakura's turn to blink her eyes twice, smiling a little at okaasan and her husband. "I'm sorry...but what's an oiran?"

"High class courtesans! Only those who are blessed with good looks and talent can become a well respected and known oiran!" Okaasan replies, clearing her throat before slightly leaning to Sakura.

"If you say yes to our proposal, I'll train you to become the best oiran in the district. Men will fall on their knees seeing you, will fight each other to be your patron. You'll be dressed in the finest kimono, eat the best cuisine and drink the best tea you'll ever have in your life." Okaasan leans once more, smiling at Sakura. "What do you say?"

Sakura, who seemed to be delighted with the idea of becoming an oiran, clasped her hands together and smiled at them. "I entrust my life to you then."

Okaasan and her husband shouted and jumped for joy, holding onto each other's kimono sleeves. "If Kyogoku has Warabihime and Koinatsu in Tokito, we'll be having our very own as well." Okaasan says, gently patting Sakura's shoulders.

"I'll run you a bath first before showing your room!" Okaasan claps her hands twice. "Tomorrow you'll start your training so get lots of rest for tonight! Your hellish days will start once the sun is up in the sky!"

. . . . . . . . . . ♡

As the following day arrives, Sakura's training arrives. When she was served breakfast, Sakura politely refused. Reasoning that she wanted to get a head start with looking presentable not only in their eyes but to her future, potential customer. This brought a small tear in okaasan's eyes as she's never met any girl who was as determined as her.

Her first lesson was chado, or the art of tea ceremony.

"Sometimes, a customer would seek for your service either in the garden or a tea house. It's basic hospitality for one to know the thorough rules and details of making tea." Okaasan says, Sakura paying great attention to her.