39.

TW: brief mention of suicide

Harry.

"Don't ever tell me that you love me again!" Stella gritted through her teeth. Her stance was defensive, the hatred in her eyes obvious and the hurt in her face was so obvious as she glared at me.

My cheek burned from her slap while I stared at her in shock. I never expected her to hit me. I had never known her to be physical when angry or hurt. But on the other hand, I had never seen her this angry or hurt.

When Stella came by my house with the folder, telling me she knew everything, I knew Kristina had gotten to her. She must've gone by Stella's place once I left, when whoever stood guard in front of her apartment building was taking a leak. She had clearly waited out her moment for me to be gone and then talked trash about me to Stella, turning her against me.

Whatever I had thought her reaction would be upon finding out I had betrayed her, it wasn't this. 

This was worse.

Stella looked at me like she hated me.

I reached my hand up to brush over the sore skin of my cheek while she was heavily breathing in front of me. Her cheeks were dry and wet, her lashes clumped together, her eyes red from the crying. Liam had talked to her, so much was clear. Otherwise she never would've come here.

It felt wrong to see Stella in a building like this. They were two worlds I never wanted to combine, yet here we were. The morning after my birthday party. The same day where we had wild sex in her bed and she had gone out to get me breakfast and we stayed in bed all day talking and cuddling.

That was only hours ago.

Now she was slapping my face and telling me to never share my love for her ever again.

I knew I had said it at the worst possible time but she had to know that I never wanted to hurt her like this. She had to know my feelings were true.

We just stood staring at one another, her in anger and me in shock while everyone around us fell silent and stared at us too. Most of the gang was present in the house after Matt found out Kristina had made a move on Stella. Otherwise it was never that crowded here on a Sunday night.

We got snapped out of our staring contest when one of the doors opened, revealing Matt who came walking through his office. His eyes curiously landed on Stella and he shortly flicked them to me before walking up to her, "You must be Stella. Very pleased to finally meet you." He greeted her, holding out his hand.

Stella sniffed once and eyed his hand before hesitantly shaking it, "H-Hi." Her voice was hoarse and Matt shot her the most friendly smile he could muster, "Matthew Atkins."

She nodded at him while they shook hands and he gestured his hand towards his open office, "Shall we go inside? I feel like we have some things to discuss."

Stella strode past me without another look or word, following Matt into the room. All of us trailed behind them, filling up the chairs in the space quite quickly. I didn't want to sit. I stood near the end of the room where I could see Stella, who was in one of the front seats in front of Matt's desk. Liam was next to her and the other chairs were filled with other men from the gang. Mostly Matt's top dogs, about ten in total.

Dylan was one of them now too after I had raved to Matt about him. He quickly became inner circle, rightfully so. He did outstanding work for us. Mike and Dom were here obviously, and then Louis sat next to Liam in the front row.

Dominic was behind Stella, whispering something to Mike as they both started giggling. Dominic then turned around, smirking at me and pointing to his cheek as if signalling to my bruised one. I rolled my eyes and ignored him, crossing my arms in front of my chest as I waited for Matt to speak up.