Epilogue four. (*)

my updating schedule is all over the place hahah i apologize, just want to get these epilogues out!!! a 10k words one, it's been a while xx 

___

-- Nine months after Theo's birth – March --

Stella.

I had an urgent skip in my step when I made my way over to Erin and Clive's loft. My head was spinning and I had to see her. She was the only person right now who could calm me down or who could make sense of whatever was happening.

March was awful this year. Lots of rain, cold temperatures, darkness looming over the city. I couldn't wait for the temperatures to climb up a bit and for the sun to make all our moods better.

Living in Brooklyn Heights after purchasing an apartment two months ago, Harry and I were barely out of Manhattan but still it was quite a bit away from my friends and I found myself having to make a huge effort to visit them at their homes. But this was an emergency.

In our true fashion, I had texted Erin the codeword and she immediately agreed to meet me at her house even if it was ten in the morning on a Thursday. I had called work to call in sick today. I couldn't for the life of me focus on my job when I felt like this.

My finger hastily pressed the doorbell when I finally reached her building, fully out of breath. I jammed my finger on it a few times out of sheer impatience until I finally heard her voice through the intercom, "Jesus christ, you already know I'm home." She sounded slightly annoyed.

I didn't say anything until she buzzed me up and by the time I reached their floor, Erin had her door opened with a confused from on her forehead. Theo was on her arm, awake and fussy but she tried to bounce him a little to soothe him.

The mom-look was great on Erin. She looked like pure class, pulling it off perfectly and effortlessly even if it was anything but. Motherhood was good to her though. She had a good postpartum experience and loved caring for Theo. Her and Clive were better than ever and family life was a well-oiled machine.

"Hey. Why'd you tomato me?" She curiously asked while holding the door for me. I shifted on my feet, wearing an oversized knitted dress that reached halfway down my calves and my Doctor Martens chunky boots. Running a hand through my hair, I chewed on my lip.

"How did you feel when you were pregnant?" I blurted out.

Erin froze, making Theo on her arm start crying at the loss of the steady bouncing she had going on before. Her eyes were wide and she wasn't blinking until she glanced to her crying child. She was in an oversized shirt and shorts, clearly planning on a day at home with her boy.

"Clive!" Her voice was shrill as she called for her husband. Clive came from behind her in jeans and a shirt, bit more dressed up than Erin but also not really office-attire. He had a small frown on his forehead, "Yes, love?"

"Take Theo on a walk." She mumbled, blindly pushing her arm back for Clive to take him. He stood still for a second, "What? A walk? E., it's raining." He spoke while taking Theo from her.

"Then take him to a coffee house or something." She looked at him over her shoulder, "Please? Stella and I need the place. It's urgent."

Clive flicked his eyes between me and Erin, lingering on the red look I had going on in my eyes before he nodded in agreement. Less than three minutes later, Theo was in his rain-protective stroller and Clive put on shoes and a raincoat. He kissed Erin on the lips and me on the side of my head as he walked me by and exited the apartment.