12

"Are you sure you're alright?" Bolin asks me for the hundredth time.

"For the last time, I'm fine. I know you're worried about me, but we should focus on Kitty. She still isn't awake and it's been a week. "

"Of course I'm worried about Kitty. She's my best friend," he replies. "But you're my friend, too. I just want to make sure you're ok. You've got a lot on your plate! You're stressed about Kitty, we're going back to Zaofu.."

"What's your point? Sure just the thought of going back to Zaofu makes my heart beat so fast to the point I feel like I'm having a heart attack, and yes I threw up five times after Kuvira told us about our return, and no I haven't slept in three days, but that's nothing. I'm perfectly ok."

He looks at me stunned. Like I grew two heads.

"Jade, I think you're nervous," he replies.

"Nervous?" I ask genuinely. "I don't get nervous. Grandmother says that's impossible, and nervousness is a made up concept that people made up to justify incompetency."

"Well your grandmother is wrong," he replies. "And it's ok to feel nervous. It's a real human emotion. You can still be a master bender with emotions. I cry all the time!"

"I know," I state jokingly.

"Raina!" We hear from Kitty's room.

Bolin and I look at each other. "She's awake!" We yell simultaneously.

We run into Kitty's room, and not only is she awake, but she looks... normal? Sure her hair is a mess and she's a bit sweaty, but she doesn't look like she's been unconscious for a week. She's still beautiful.

"Kitty!" I call her.

"What?" She asks as she works through her hair.

"What do you mean 'what?' You're awake, that's what!" I reply.

"Of course I'm awake, why wouldn't I be?" She's asks.

"You've kind of been asleep for a week," Bolin tells her.

"What?"

"You don't remember?" I ask her confusingly.

"No. All I remember is the coronation, and Kuvira not stepping down."

"Kitty," Bolin says. "Are you sure your spiritual-"

"No," she cut's him off. "That ship has sailed, and I don't want to talk it."

"Kitty..." I start.

"I don't want to talk about it!" She snaps. "Please..."

"Ok, we're sorry," I tell her. "Well, come on. We need to get ready, and hurry."

"What, why?" She asks with a frown.

"We're going to Zaofu."

...

"Are ... We in trouble?" Bolin asks Kuvira.

I knew this was coming. Kuvira is going to use us as leverage to convince Suyin to hand over Zaofu. After Kitty eavesdropped on Kuvira and Baatar Jr's conversation, Kitty told us everything.

This is not going to be pretty. Kuvira's whole army is here! And I'm not ready to talk to Su. I'm glad Kitty and Bolin are here here with me, but I really don't want to do this. Suyin and her family hate me and Kitty! They knew how we felt about Kuvira and her plans. In their eyes, we're just as bad as her.

"No. In fact, I have good news. We want you three to be a part of our inner circle."

Jade and I look over at each other. Finally! We've been waiting for so long to be added into the inner circle. Now we have access to information that'll take Kuvira down.