20

Today Korra, Mako, and I are at City Hall because we have to discuss this Kuvira situation. Only Kitty and Bolin aren't back yet and I'm getting worried. I was trained to stay calm in every situation. I've completed the most stressful situations that would've given the average person a stroke. Like when Zaofu was almost overthrown and I had to fight off 10 criminals by myself. My point is, I know that Kitty, Bolin, Opal, and Lin can handle themselves... It's just, I'm nervous, extremely nervous. With Kuvira harvesting vines, she has more power than we can imagine. I just want my friends to be ok, and it's already been 3 days. We've never been apart this long.

"So..." Mako starts. "You and my brother are pretty close."

He's awful at small talk. I know the last time we spoke I kinda went off on him and Korra, but right now we need to put our differences aside and focus on the problem at hand. Ok, so I may have wondered the ocean floor with the Avatar for a few hours, but it was just a moment of weekness... Despite it being really fun and fascinating. My point is, this is what Kuvira is doing to our reality, and we need to focus on what's coming.

"Yes," I answer simply.

"And you and Kitty-"

"Listen," I cut him off. "I'd love to have awkward small talk with you, but we should really focus on what's important right now."

Republic City is evacuating. I'm not understanding why this thing isn't mandatory! Kuvira could attack at any moment and there are people here who don't know how bad the situation is.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts as Bolin suddenly bursts through the doors of city hall. Oh, thank goodness! They're all here. I wasn't worried. I look at Suyin and her family and breath in sharply. I'm relieved their back, genuinely, it's just... I don't know. I thought I'd be... Happier maybe, but I'm not. I feel uncomfortable. I don't doubt that Kitty told them everything, but seeing them again puts me through a world wind of emotion.

I've been thinking, all this time I've been talking about Kitty and how everyone owes her an apology, and they do, but what about me? The Beifong's and I were family, and regardless if they agreed with me traveling with Kuvira or not, they still abandoned me. At least me and Kitty were only faking our support for Kuvira. As much as I love Bolin and am so grateful he left with us, he was still on Kuvira's side, yet they didn't leave him to rot like they did Kitty and I. They did everything to make us feel horrible for going with Kuvira. It's not fair. Suyin always said she loved me like a daughter, and yet she abandoned me... Just like my own mother did.

...

12.

"Jade?" I hear Suyin call from the other side of the radio.

It's finally summer break, and I've been home with my parents for a whole 2 weeks. I love my parents. Mother is super pretty and father... Well, he isn't home a lot, but I love him, both of them. You're suppose to love your parents- Though I don't think mother loves grandmother all that much.

I guess I'm just a little disappointed because I was hoping this summer would be, I don't know... Fun, but it was just the same. Just a bunch of boring chores and my mother not saying much. To be specific, it goes;

Father goes to work in the morning and only comes home late at night. During the day, mother and I clean the house. In the evening, we make dinner for my father and leave it for when he comes home. Then I spend the rest of my night in our backyard practicing my stances for when I return to Zaofu in three weeks. It's the same thing every night, only this time, something happened... something bad, really bad.

"Hi, Suyin."

"Jade dear, what's the matter? Is everything ok in Ba Sing?"

"Not exactly... I'm at the police station."