Chapter 24

The practice room was full of different conversations between the guys, while they all ate lunch. Amara sat silently, staring down at her own food. She hadn't touched it since they'd all sat down to eat. She didn't feel hungry, so she didn't know why she bought herself food. She put the chopsticks down, getting to her feet and left the room, without being noticed. Or so she thought. She walked out into the hall and sat down on one of the chairs placed against the wall. She sat quietly for a moment.

A soft sigh left Amara's mouth as she put a hand on her stomach. The door to the studio opened and closed. She looked up to see Jake walking over to her.

"You're not eating. What's the matter?" he sat down in the chair beside her.

She shrugged some. "I don't know anymore. Maybe I'm making a mistake, keeping it. I don't know what to do. I don't even know if I'm ready to be a mom. Let alone a single mom. I don't think I can do this," she mumbled, lowering her eyes.

"You can do this. You're one of the strongest people I know. You're so brave doing this. I'm not going to sit here and lecture you on what you should and shouldn't do. I don't have that right. Nobody does. The only one who can make this decision is you. Like I told you before, only do what makes you happy. You're the only one who matters," Jake tells her.

She looked back over to him, feeling a wave of emotion crash over her. Tears filled her eyes as she forced herself to look away.

She sniffled softly, "Thank you. I needed that," she whispered.

Jake reached over and put his hands on her face, cradling it. He used his thumbs to wipe her tears away. When he did, he removed his hands. She sniffled again and stopped crying shortly after. He grabbed both of her hands in his own, making her look at him.

"I just want you to know that you won't be a single mom. Because me and the others will be here for you. We'll help you, we'll support you. We'll be here with you through it all. Every step. So, please don't feel like you're alone in this. You aren't. You have us," Jake tells her, squeezing her hands gently.

Amara stared up at him, listening to him speak. While looking at him, she felt her heart start to beat a bit quicker than usual. Something that hasn't happened around him and the others in a long time. It was almost like a new feeling.

Right now, she didn't want to think about what it was. But, she already knew.