Next Steps

I will always be yours for ever and and more
For the push and the pull
I still drown in your love
And drink till I'm drunk
And all that I've done, is it ever enough

-Ever Enough, Rocket To The Moon

♾♾♾♾

Poppy came home just after dinner, hearing giggling in the living room. She removed her shoes before finding Steve had built a giant fort out of blankets in the living room and the girls were watching a movie. She laughed, feeling arms wrap around her from behind, feeling kisses up her neck. She groaned, turning to face Steve, "you can't kiss me like that until we're in bed."

He chuckled, leaning down to kiss along her neck again as he heard small whimpers from her as his lips traveled up her neck to her lips. She threw her arms around his neck kissing him as she felt him gripping her firmly to him. She groaned, feeling him hard against her, "exactly. We have to wait until the girls are asleep."

"I know. Come on, I was just making popcorn. Are you hungry?"

She sighed, "no. Sorry I missed dinner. I grabbed some with Buck since we were late."

"Okay. No problem." He shrugged as she followed him into the kitchen where he put a bag of popcorn into the microwave. "Are you okay?"

She nodded, "just tired. I'm gonna go change. I'll be right back." She went into the bedroom, changing quickly, seeing Steve enter the room before she could leave.

He shut the door behind him before crashing his lips into hers, lifting her up to him. "I missed you."

She moaned as he pinned her against the wall, "Steve, we can't."

Steve groaned, "sure we can. We can be quick. I need you Katerina." He pushed her shorts to the side as he pulled out his cock, "you have to be quiet, yes?"

She nodded as she felt him lower her onto him, "you have to kiss me."

He chuckled, "I'm not stopping until you're clenching around me." He smiled at her groan as he kissed her. He felt her gripping him firmly as he thrusted into her quickly. She moved her hand up to his hair, gripping it in her hand as he felt her orgasm. He groaned, speeding up as he released with her, not removing his mouth from hers.

She groaned when he finally pulled away, setting her on her feet. "Steve.. I love you."

He smiled, "I love you Katerina. Let's go watch the movie with the girls."

She nodded, taking his hand as she followed him out to the living room, cuddling with him on the couch as they watched the movie.

♾♾♾♾

Poppy was woken in the middle of the night by someone shaking her. She looked up to see Bucky hovering over her.

"We have to go doll."

She groaned, sitting up as Steve woke up too, "I just got back."

"I know but we have to go. I'm sorry."

She nodded, feeling Steve pull her back to him, "I love you. I'll check in as soon as I can."

"Okay. I love you too." He kissed her before looking at Bucky, "take care of her, please."

Bucky smiled as he held his hand out to Poppy, "I always will Steve."

♾♾♾♾

Steve stood in the kitchen making breakfast for the girls when he heard a knock on the door. He sighed when he saw Leslie in front of him. He stood to the side, letting her in as he walked back to the kitchen, "I was just making breakfast. Do you want something?"

"No thank you Captain."

He chuckled, "you can call me Steve. What can I do for you today Leslie?"

She sighed, "they would feel more comfortable about you adopting Lily if you were married."

He sighed, hanging his head as he stared down at the stove, "seriously?"

She shrugged, "is that a possibility?"

He grinned, looking up at her. "Yes."

She nodded, looking at her notes, "and that would be to a Ms. Papov? Who we know nothing about."

He laughed, "there's nothing to know. She was taken as a child and is from Russia. She is a SHIELD agent. There's really nothing else to know. And yes. We're getting married."

Leslie chuckled, "you are? How come you haven't said anything until now?"

He shrugged, "I didn't think it was necessary? But you want us to be married, we'll get married."

"Not if it's a fake marriage."

"Hey! It wouldn't be. I love Katerina. We want to get married."

She nodded, "okay then. Let me know."

He smiled, walking her to the door, "I will!" He closed the door, leaning his head back against the door as he groaned. Now he would have to come up with some way to convince Poppy to marry him without spooking her.

"You're marrying Poppy?"

He looked down at Lily and Morgan looking at him, "I don't know. Maybe. You shouldn't snoop."

Lily grinned, "we weren't snooping. We were being stealthy. Like Poppy and Nat."

He laughed, picking them both up, one in each arm. "Is that what you were doing? Hmm. Don't say anything to Poppy."

Lily nodded, "where is Poppy?"

He sighed, "she left with Bucky again. She'll be back soon, I'm sure."