I do?

Yeah the longer that we're together
The good keeps on getting better
I never thought that I would ever find someone like you
Every day you show me I can
Just when I think that I can't love you anymore than I do
I can't love you anymore than I do

-I Do, Rocket To The Moon

♾♾♾♾

"Where have you been? I've been so worried!" Steve turned as he felt Poppy crawl into bed beside him a few nights later.

"I'm here. I'm fine."

He heard her wince as he tried to pull her towards him, "you aren't." He turned on the light to see her ribs wrapped, "what happened?"

"You should see Bucky. He protected me. We're okay. I'm just so tired. And I missed you Steve. Please just hold me and let me sleep."

He sighed, letting her lay on his chest as he wrapped his arm around her, "okay. I love you Katerina."

She smiled, looking up at him, "I love you." She closed her eyes as he turned off the light.

♾♾♾♾

"Poppy!!"

She grunted as she felt Lily jump onto the bed, Steve catching her before she hit her ribs as she sat up, "hello love. I missed you."

"I missed you! Steve said I'm going to Morgan's for a sleepover tonight!"

She chuckled, "okay." She looked up at Steve. "Why?"

"Because we need to talk."

She groaned, laying back onto the bed, "okay." She looked to see it was past 10 in the morning. "You let me sleep?"

Steve chuckled, "of course I did. You didn't get home until after 3 and you're injured. Are you hungry?"

She groaned, sitting back up, "starving."

He laughing, "well I'll meet you in the kitchen." He grabbed Lily, "let's go sweet girl."

Poppy got out of bed, getting dressed as she inspected the giant bruise on her back Steve had yet to see. She groaned, pulling on a t-shirt before going out into the kitchen to see Steve plating her some leftover breakfast. "Thank you Steve. What is it you want to talk about?" She smiled at the sudden mischief in his eyes as he leaned towards her.

"I want to be alone with you and talk to you about something. You'll have to wait until later."

She giggled as he leaned down to kiss her neck, "yes Captain." She winced as he placed his hand on her back, making him stop. She groaned as he lifted her shirt to display the giant bruise.

"What happened?!"

"Steve. I'm fine." She pulled her shirt down quickly as she turned to him, "I've been checked out by Dr. Cho. And don't act as if you've never been injured in the line of duty before."

He groaned, "yeah. But I'm a super soldier. I heal quickly and have a higher tolerance for pain. I worry about you. I love you."

She sighed, standing up as she let him wrap his arms around her, "I know you worry. But I'm okay. I love you. But you can't keep me from doing my job. I promise I'll be more careful in the future."

He nodded, looking down at her as he placed his hand on her cheek, "promise me."

She chuckled, "I just did promise you."

He leaned down to her ear, "I'll just have to be extra gentle with you tonight."

Poppy giggled, "yes Captain."

He growled softly in her ear, "you have to stop calling me that."

♾♾♾♾

Poppy sighed as she watched Steve come back home after dropping off Lily at Pepper's house. "So what do you want to talk about? Am I in trouble?"

He laughed, "would you like to be?"

She nodded as she stood up from the couch, turning off the tv, "I might Captain."

He groaned, pulling her to him as he kissed her forcefully, pulling her into his lap as he fell back onto the couch. He finally pulled away, out of breath, "I love you so much. But we need to talk first."

She sighed, "fine. Do I have to leave my spot?"

He chuckled, "you better not move from your spot."

She nodded, "okay then. What do you want to talk about Steve?" She straddled him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

He sighed, "I love you Katerina. What do you think about getting married?"

She chuckled, "I mean, I'm not opposed. Why?"

"I mean... getting married soon." He watched the panic wash across her face, "now just wait. You didn't think we could handle Lily. But here we are. Being married wouldn't change anything except that you would be Katerina Rogers." He smiled at her small smile, "and it would mean that it would be easier for us to adopt Lily."

"Oh. I see." She stood up from his lap, "that's the only reason you want to marry me?"

He groaned, standing up with her, "of course not! I love you. And I love Lily and I want us to be a family. Officially." He pulled out a ring box, holding it out to her to display a small gold band, "please Kat. I love you and I don't want anyone else and I will never want anyone else."

"You can't know that! We haven't known each other that long Steve!"

He sighed, closing the box. "We've known each other long enough to know we love each other. You love me, don't you?"

She groaned, "of course I do Steve. More than I could ever love anyone. But I just don't know. I need to go think about this."

"Katerina. Please." He sat back on the couch as he watched her leave.