IX

Victoria can't believe she said yes to Jeonghan. She could say no, but she also knew that she would definitely regret that. For now, Victoria watches the guy eating his dinner right in front of her as if nothing happened earlier.

Jeonghan felt her gaze. So he looked at her still with a mask on. He just shrugged and continued to eat his steak.

"You know I kept my words right?" He said while slicing a medium-rare beef steak. "You can just be yourself. Only if you want to."

She scoffs and crosses her arms to her chest. "Just finish your dinner, let's end this quick."

Jeonghan stops eating and looks at her with a confused face. "What?"

Even though her face was covered by a mask, her annoyed aura could be felt.

"You want sex in exchange for shutting your mouth, right? Then finish your dinner," she said, sounding pissed.

Jeonghan looks at her and blinks a couple times. He stayed silent but let out a giggle, which made Victoria even pissed.

"I didn't say I wanted sex; I just said to spend your time with me," he teased. He gently stabs a piece of steak into his mouth and eats it seductively.

"But I like that idea; should we start now?" He laughed to annoy her even more.

"You son of b—" Victoria wanted to curse the hell out of him. But then she's not in her territory to spit fire. She pursed her lips into a thin line and grumpyly leant back to the chair.

"Calm down, Mademoiselle," he grinned like a cat. Jeonghan wipes his lips with a tablecloth, then places it on the side plate as a sign he's done eating.

"Jokes aside, you can take off your mask. It's just me, and no one will know. Your identity is safe with me," Jeonghan said gently.

Victoria rolled her eyes. That's what they said.

"No. I'm fine wearing my mask," she said. "Besides, we're still doing business."

He hums and gazes outside the window to see that the sun is about to set. Victoria also gazes at the window.

Neither one of them speaks to have a conversation. Fortunately, it wasn't awkward or uncomfortable. Rather, it was peaceful.

While gazing at the sun, Jeonghan abruptly spoke, "For your assurance, Miss Agosti, I have no intention against you and your organization. As long as you respect mine, I'll respect yours."

"Niether, I do have Mr. . Yoon. Also, thank you for helping me and my team. Now that you open up the topic," Victoria paused, still not looking at him. "Let's keep it that way to avoid casualties. And for the alliance contract, I'll still think about it. I hope you don't mind that."

"For the alliance contract, I don't care if you sign it or not. Its just one of my plans anyway." Jeonghan chuckled and took a sip of his wine.

Victoria finally looks at him with her eyebrow arch, but of course Jeonghan can't see her.

"Actually, I don't have any intention with you aside from business, but I changed my mind."

She was confused by what he was saying but didn't say anything.

"With your striking aura and strong attitude, you made me intrigued, Miss Agosti." Jeonghan then looked at her.

He was slightly confessing his feelings right now. But he holds himself back, as this is not the best time to say it. Maybe giving her a hint about how he feels is better than saying nothing.

Jeonghan wasn't sure about it based on how he feels right now. But one thing that doesn't leave his mind is her gentle touch and body. He's craving it, and it scares him.

He used a lot of women to release a stressful and chaotic mind. But that night with her made him aggressive and earn for her touch.

Now that Jeonghan saw her bare face, he wanted to look at it again and stare at her beautiful face all day.

At first, Jeonghan found her interesting, but now he doesn't think it will only settle in that phase.

"For now, anything you want in order to go back to your organization, just tell me, and I'm willing to help you. Just do your thing as the boss of Sicily, and I'll wait for you until all of this ends."

Victoria was confused by his sudden statement. She doesn't know why Jeonghan is intrigued by her and is giving her some advice.

"Wait for me? Why? What are you planning, Mr. . Yoon?"

He just smiled at her and stood up from his seat. He walked towards her and stared at the big window. Victoria gazes to wear Jeonghan, who is gazing to realize that the sun is set and the skies are gradually turning into night skies.

Just then, Jeonghan slipped his hand inside her mask and held her soft cheeks. Using his thumb, he gently rubbed her cheeks, and Victoria found herself at ease.

"Just do your thing as boss. Your organization needs you, and you should focus on them. Feel free to ask for help from me. See you around, my lady," Jeonghan said and went away, leaving her alone in the room with her heart beating rapidly.

Victoria still stared at his trail. She's confused, but somehow she got what he wanted. She doesn't want to assume, but Jeonghan said she should focus on the chaos that is happening to her right now.

She can't help but smile in amusement behind her mask. Victoria finds him amusing and considerate. She may not know his full intention, but she's thinking about giving him a chance after the mess she left.

...