XXIV

Victoria Agosti

".... you brat, what you did was horrifying." Winstone spoke immediately as soon as I arrived in a small assembly room.

He then shows me his tab, where there is an article about Nikolai.

Nikola Moretti found dead without his body?

Nikolai Moretti was just found beheaded and impaled in front of the yard. With a note, 'a traitor deserves a head.'

It seems Nikolai did something that made his death gruesome.

His body is nowhere to be found; only his head is stuck on a pole.

"Where the heck did you dispose of his body?" Winston huffs and slightly massages his temples.

I just smiled, then took the coffee in front of me. I smiled proudly, hearing him say what I did while taking a sip of the hot coffee.

"Let's just say that even though he was dead, at least his body can still be used." I simply spoke.

"And, didn't you say you need some cadaver donations for your medical students?" I asked Mattias with an innocent look.

Mattias looked confused at first, but his face frowned when he realized it.

"You..." Mattias trailed off and sighed. "You did something horrifying but at the same time beneficial."

I gave him a smug look. "You're welcome."

"If judgment day comes, Saint Peter will be confused about where to place you, but we know it will be in hell," Wince said, shaking his head.

I just let out a hearty laugh. "But hey, at least there is no longer a rat messing with us."

"Oh, by the way," Winston said. "What you did really scared our rivals, and you gained new allies," he said, showing me a list of new emails.

I didn't expect to attract others. I'll just leave them unread for a while. For now... I'm looking forward to working with Jeonghan.

Yoon Jeonghan

"What with the down face?" Joshua asked the moment I stepped inside the small assembly room with a full window view of the city of Sicily.

"Nothing," I sigh and sit between them, staring at the city view.

"I think I know," Seungcheol chuckled and suddenly flicked a spot on my neck.

I quickly let out a hiss the moment I felt his finger contact my skin, causing minimal pain.

Joshua took a closer look at the spot Seungcheol touched and let out a chuckle once we saw it. He leant back to his chair, then gave me a teasing look.

"I guess it was interrupted," Joshua concludes. "Poor you."

I scoff at him. "Says the one who masters the art of celibacy."

Joshua's teasing look went away, and he replaced it with a blank stare. Seungcheol, on the other hand, burst into laughter. Joshua snickered at me and quickly gave him a death glare.

"Oh wow, the audacity to burst into laughter. Just to let you know, you're getting married next week." He smirked, which made Seungcheol stop laughing and glare at him.

Now the three of us are not in a good mood.

"Fucker. You don't need to remind me." He scoffs and lets out a sigh.

"Just because one is not in a good mood doesn't mean I have to be in that mood too," Seungcheol said, rolling his eyes at him.

I didn't notice that there's already coffee being served. I took its handle and took a sip to taste it. It somewhat lightens my mood, so I decided to take another before putting it back in its place.

"Anyway, how's the update on the property?" I asked pertaining to one of my businesses.

"So far, it's being reconstructed and upgraded with some of the materials to be more sturdy, efficient, and durable," Joshua reported.

I nodded my head in satisfaction.

"Also, we need to go back as soon as possible. We have new clients lined up, hoping to get business with you," Seungcheol said.

As soon as possible? But I'm planning to have a date with Victoria. She's done with her mess, and she deserves to be pampered and given the best rest she will ever have.

"However," Seungcheol started and put his tablet back away from the table. He leaned back on his chair and stared at me.

"You can take your time with Victoria," he said. "So you don't have to give us that face," he chuckles.

I gave him a look, as I didn't know what face he was talking about.

"You look pitty, so stop with the down face," he teased.

I snickered at him. I just let out a sigh and stared once again at the window view that was in front of me.

"Though Joshua has to come home soon, his wife is looking for him," Seungcheol stated and pointed to Joshua.

My eyebrows rose. That's new. His wife never looks for him, not unless there is an emergency.

Joshua let out a sigh. "Something came up with Jael. I have to see her soon."

"Then you can go now," I said. "We know she won't be looking for you unless it's an emergency."

Joshua gave me a faint smile and stood up from his seat. "I'll go then. See you in Korea," he said, walking away almost immediately, leaving Seungcheol and me alone in the room.

I look at him and suddenly want to ruin his mood a bit.

"So... how's the meeting with your soon-to-be bride?"

"Oh, fuck off."

...