Home

It has been a few weeks since The battle that has now been dubbed, "The Second Battle of The Coral Sea." Currently a lot of the ships had decided to take a day off and were having fun on the beach, this included our two friends Gambier Bay and Samuel B Roberts, who had decided to stay under a palm tree.

Gambier Bay: Ahhhhh. Now this is more like it!

She was reclining in a beach chair, letting the sun's rays warm her body up.

Samuel: Some R and R after a hard fought battle is the best feeling!

Gambler Bay: You said it!

She said as she sipped on a glass of lemonade. Samuel, who had been building a sand castle, stopped briefly and sat next to Gambier Bay.

Samuel: You know... Johnston would have loved this.

She looked at the waves that calmly washed the shore as she said this.

Gambler Bay: Hm? Yeah I guess she would have enjoyed this.

The two were silent for a while, merely feeling the breeze blow across their faces as the sun kept them warm. Gambier Bay was the one to break this silence.

Gambier Bay: You miss her don't you?

Samuel: Why wouldn't I? She was like a sister.

A melancholic smile appeared on her face as she said those words.

Samuel: What? You don't miss her?

Gambier Bay: Never said I didn't...

Samuel: You know... I still feel like it's my fault somehow...

Gambier Bay: It wasn't. She wanted to save her friend and that's what she did. Dying was always a risk, she just got unlucky that time.

Samuel: But-

Gambier Bay laid her hand on Samuel's head and caressed it. This action caused Samuel to stop talking and merely look down.

Gambier Bay: No but's! She knew the risks. Yet it was a simple choice for her.

Some time passed as the two sat there. Samuel looked around the beach and noticed something.

Samuel: Hey Bay?

Gambier: Yes Sammy?

She turned to look at samuel.

Samuel: Have you seen Enterprise or Ms. Wales anywhere?

Gambier Bay: Well no.. Why is this a concern though?

Samuel: We just came back from a large-scale battle, everyone was under stress at the time. Those two more than anybody on this base. So why aren't they taking the day off?

Gambier Bay: It's as you said, we just came back from a major battle there are things that they will need to do because of it.

Samuel: Hmmm. I guess you're right.

Gambier Bay. Speaking of those two, what are they doing?

_____

THUMP

Wales plopped her head on her desk, feeling exhausted due to the events of recent days and...

Wales: So... much... paperwork.

The enemy of man, paperwork.

Enterprise: Logistics... Battlefield reports... What Gambier Bay did takes up half the whole thing by itself!

Wales: And I thought I was going to be able to have a day at the beach...

Enterprise: Such is life at the top...