* 63 *

Coldness. I remember this.

Numbness. I remember this, too.

I'm sitting on the floor and I can't feel the stone under my legs. I can't feel my arms or my hands, for that matter. The only thing different this time is that I can't feel the other strands either. There is nothing to feel. I'm empty in that space that was always full with them. I don't feel my connection to them. I don't even feel my feelings for them. The pull to be with them is gone. The urge to be bound to them is absent. There is not even the feel of the magic that lit us all up.

I don't feel anything.

I can't feel my breath as my lungs try to suck in air. I can't feel my heartbeat. My eyes roam the room and I see the men who had become my everything chained to a wall and their eyes are not on me, but on her. As one they stand facing her.

Now that we're disconnected will they want us again? Will the sealed bonds that she took make them forget me? My mating marks are gone. The infinity symbol is gone. Everything that connected us through this curse is gone. What are we now? Will they remember?

As time passes, and the numbness spreads, the noise in the cavern becomes muffled, like I'm trying to hear underwater. I can see the Witch laughing and strutting around. Happy in her triumph. I see Jin and Namjoon, Yoongi, and the others all standing at attention facing her. None of them are fighting their chains. They stand as one, facing the new owner of their bonds.

Please don't give in. Please remember.

Remember what? I ask myself...I don't...

My eyes close just as my hair is grabbed and I'm dragged across the platform, my chains falling away from my now useless limbs. She shoves me forward to face my former mates.

"See," She points to the men standing at attention, facing her. Their expressions were blank but attentive. "They are mine now. The marks are mine." She shoves one of my missing mate marks now ghosting on her arm under my nose. "Without my magic, you would have never met or mated with them." She crows in triumph.

I look at each man, trying to feel what we have shared. I can't feel anything though. I'm bereft of any emotion towards them. I can no longer feel them pulsing through me like energy in my body and along the strands. I can't feel anything because the strands are gone. I look at each man and feel empty.

The witch relishes in her new power, "I knew they would never come to me and that I would need a conduit. Bait. To force their hand and seal the bonds that they refused to complete with me. You have worked better than I could have dreamed. Your use is now over. I have no further need of you." And she pushes me off the dais.

I roll down the stone steps of the platform till I rest on the stone floor. That probably should have hurt, but I don't feel anything. I pull myself up until I'm laying with my back against the stone platform, facing my men.

Their red gem-like eyes are blank of all emotion and they stare at the witch. What did she do to them? Do they feel the numbness like I do? Are they forgetting like I am?

BTS POV

The wrenching feeling of the strands moving location shocked each member of Bangtan. Their hearts stuttered. They felt their mating marks melt off Y/N and reappear on the witch's body. They felt the pull change. What they didn't feel? Was any love.

There was no passion. There was no excitement. The bonds were secured to the witch, but it came with none of the excitement, joy, or light that existed when they were bound to Y/N.

They didn't feel a thing.

Thank god.

Each member of Bangtan has been secretly horrified that somehow they would be forced to have loving feelings for the witch. An idea that repulsed every single one of them. They exchanged glances but pulled them forward when the witch faced them.