* 55 *

It was long after midnight. The surprise wedding was over and I stood on the porch of the cabin watching the moon sit in the sky above the trees. The moon was just a sliver now, also known as a waning crescent. The last stage of the moon before the new moon. As we got closer and closer to the new moon, the later and later it was rising. The new moon itself rose during the day. As I pondered the phases of the moon, it made me wonder if the witch would pull her final stunt at night or during the day when the moon was technically in the sky where we couldn't see it.

I was nervous.

I looked at the infinity symbol in my hand and slowly rubbed it with the thumb of my other hand. My parents were inside, waiting for me. Knowing I was going to want answers to my dad's slip of the tongue.

Footsteps broke me from my introspection and I saw Namjoon walking up the stairs to me. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"Not really," I sigh, pulling my hand to my chest, holding the symbol close to my body. Namjoon raised his hand to my face and gave me a small smile.

"We love you, you know." he reminded me.

I smiled warmly at his words, "I love you, too. I'm just nervous to find out exactly what my parents know." As we talk, my other husbands join us. Husbands. That is a weird concept for me. For some reason, the idea of them being my magically bound mates is easier to accept than the term "husband". Why? I have no idea, but maybe fantasy is easier to accept than reality?

Jungkook slides his arms around my waist and snuggles me from behind while I face Namjoon. He's surrounded by the others and I take courage from their love and care. Not going to lie, but having loving arms around me does help when one needs to find a little courage. Problems don't seem so big when you can face them together.

"Ready to find out what your parents know?" Jin asks me.

"Yes, and no." He nods at my answer, understanding perfectly. I can feel the trepidation they are feeling through the strands and I know they can feel mine.

With one last glance at the disappearing moon in the sky, I turn to go into the cabin. There we find my parents dozing on the very comfy couches that litter the open room. Mrs. Kim is keeping them company, or not letting them escape, and making something warm to drink in the kitchen.

"Mom? Dad?" I gently call as I wake them from their nap. They both wake up, sitting up and looking around the room, avoiding looking at me directly.

Yoongi doesn't waste any time, "What did you mean about the symbol on Y/N's hand?"

My parents don't answer right away, this gives Mrs. Kim time to hand them some coffee to help wake them up since it was so late at night.

"Thank you," my mom says, as she takes her cup. She holds the cup in her hand, letting it warm them before finally looking at me in the eye. "Have you looked through the baby book?" she asks me.

"Yes, I've been looking through it," I nod.

"What did you see?" She asks.

"Just baby pictures, although I noticed there weren't a lot of them." I see my parents exchange a glance and I remember the odd black strip I saw in one picture. I then thought about my darkened hair in the magic bubble during the ceremony. "I did see one picture that looked like someone had taken a black marker and striped my lighter hair."

This caught their attention. "Anything else?" My father asks.

"Not yet," I pause and consider how they look almost...expectant. "What was I supposed to find?"