60. Arabella🔥

From that day on, the amount of attacks that the house suffered was extremely high. I was permanently sleeping in the safe room for a while because they knew something would happen while i was asleep, and it did, i didn't even know how determined Romans enemies were because some motherfucker crawled through the vents.

I sat with Luca at Valentinas place, Roman and Asher are looking for someone who threw petrol bombs through the window. My window. I was damn lucky Roman knew how to handle a fire.

We're looking at houses, initially it was going to be a surprise that Roman has a list of lake houses but i know they're using it as a distraction for me, still. I like looking at the pretty houses anyway.

"This one has a pig farm too." Luca taps his finger on the ipad, "Did Roman ever tell you how we dispose of a lot of the bodies?"

"No." I shake my head. "Do i want to know?"

"It's actually interesting." He scrolls to get the information of the place.

"Okay, tell me."

"Wallace, the housekeeper, he has a pig farm, so does Juliana, we'd take the bodies, get rid of their clothes, pawn everything valuable and then dissect it, feed it to the pigs. They eat all of it with no remains."

Ew.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, Roman wants a pig farm too so it's easier to rid of the bodies."

"I don't want you guys to bring your work home." I don't think that's too much to ask either. "I want home to be... home. Just us. A home."

He holds me closer, resting his chin on my shoulder. "Got it."

We keep looking, Valentina walks in, along with her husband. I haven't met him yet. "Hey papa." Luca holds me tight. He knew i was about to get off of him.

"Luca." His dad looks at me, "Mrs. Reign?"

"Arabella." I smile.

"Arabella, beautiful name. May i ask why you're sitting on my sons lap-"

"Because she can. I love her and she loves me and yes, Roman knows. No, Roman doesn't care. No, i don't care what you have to say and if you judge her, we're going to leave." He says boredly, apparently knowing exactly all the questions his father was going to ask.

I look down just because i couldn't look up, how do i respond to that?

"Arabella, this is my papa, Carlo. Papa, my girl, Arabella." He looks up, leaning back with me. He reaches over and places the laptop on my lap.

"Lovely to meet you." Carlo nods his head, sitting on the couch. "What are you doing?"

"Looking for a new place." Luca answers.

"Why?"

"Cus we don't like the one we have at the moment. Do you still have the lakehouse in Italy?"

"No, sold it a couple years ago." Carlo just continues the conversation as normal. No judgement thankfully.

Valentina smiles at me, shooting me a wink, "Is it a lakehouse you want, darling?"

"Yeah, i mean, i don't actually care what house it is but they want me to have a lake house so we can get ducks." I smile.

"I can make a few calls." She sits down, pulling her phone out of her pocket.

"Is Reid in on this as well?" Carlo asks.

"In on this?" Luca cocks an eyebrow at his dad.

"Together..."

"Yeah."