8

NEWTS POV

I stopped walking and slowly turned towards Minho. "What? What do you mean?"

"She was your girlfriend and my best friend." I stared at my friend, "That's not a funny joke, Minho." 

"It's not a joke... I  remembered last night." 

"AND YOU DIDN'T THINK TO TELL ME!! MINHO, THAT IS VITAL INFORMATION!!"

"I was going to tell you earlier today but you were busy packing and then the incident with Y/N happened... Listen. I'm sorry."

I let out a heavy sigh. "What else do you remember?" 

"Nothing. That was it."

I looked over and Minho and nodded. I took a deep breathe in, "Come on. We should probably catch up with the others." He nodded and we started to walk again. I slowed down slightly and gave Minho a small smile, telling him to continue walking. I stared at my feet as I walked and began to think about Y/N. I thought of her e/c eyes, her l/c/h hair, how she scrunched up her eyes when she smiled. I smiled to myself and looked up when Thomas said, "Alright. We will rest here for the night."

THOMAS' POV

I carefully laid Y/N down, knowing that if I even slightly hurt the girl, Newt would have my head. I propped her head up on my backpack and placed my jacket on her for warmth. Then I laid down and slowly closed my eyes, allowing myself to fall into the dark abyss of sleep.

THOMAS' DREAM

I ran down the corridor, racing towards the screams of my friend yelling for her brothers. I turned a corner and saw Ranger and Kai trying to pry Y/N out of the guards arms. She screamed for help but was dragged into a separate room, muffling her screams.

The two boys collapsed to their knees, crying into their hands. I walked over to them and placed my hands on their backs, hoping to comfort them. They quickly turned to me and the sadness in their eyes, quickly averted to anger. Kai jumped to his feet screaming at me, "IT'S YOUR FAULT!! IT'S YOUR FAULT SHE'S GONE!" 

Ranger slowly stood up, "I'm a good person to forgive you. But I'm sure as hell not stupid enough to trust you again. I trusted you to help us keep our sister safe, and you betrayed our trust and let them send her into a maze filled with grievers." I felt tears build, threatening to spill. I looked down at the ground, "They told me that they wouldn't send her in. That she was safe."

"And you believed them!? You believed people who put TEENAGERS into a death maze, when they say that they won't fucking send someone in."

I realized how stupid I must have sounded and whispered, "I'm sorry."

Kai screamed at me through his tears, anger dripping from each word, "YOUR SORRY?! OUR SISTER IS GONE AND YOUR SORRY!?" 

I looked up at the two boys, "I am. I didn't realize they wouldn't keep their end of the bargain."

Ranger stepped forward, "What do you mean 'bargain'?" I looked the boys as a tear trailed down my cheek. His features hardened, "Thomas... What bargain?"

MINHO'S POV

I woke up to Thomas, once again, telling us to wake up. I slowly sat up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, "What? What is it?" I stood up to stand by my friend when he pointed to something that was at least half a mile away. "See that? It's lights." 

Aris let out a soft chuckle, "We made it." We were all staring at the lights, flickering in the distance when we heard a loud, boom, from behind us. When I turned around, I saw a huge storm. I looked down at where Y/N was laying and saw the girl still asleep. I picked her up and turned to the group, "We need to move. That storm is getting closer." With that, we started running.

I ran as fast as I could holding the girl, Newt had insisted on taking her from me but I just gestured towards his bad leg and he nodded, running ahead of me. I heard as Thomas was yelling for us to hurry and I pushed my legs to go faster, hearing the storm as it got closer and closer. 

I looked up at the sky to see a luminous, blue, light above me. I pushed my legs harder but felt as the lightning hit me and Y/N. I felt the electricity pulsate through my body before I slowly fell unconscious. 

NEWTS POV

I watched as the lightning struck Minho and Y/N, sending them both flying. I watched as Y/N's body hit the ground.

I screamed in horror and ran to her while Thomas and Aris ran to Minho. I slung the girls arm over my shoulder and dragged her towards the building, "MOVE! COME ON!" I looked up to look at Frypan who was screaming for us to hurry. Aris, Thomas, and Minho got to the doors before I did. I pulled Y/N into the building and checked her for a pulse. I tried her neck, wrist, and chest, but found nothing.

I slowly rested my forehead on her chest and started to cry, actually cry. Something I haven't done since Winston's death. I turned to Minho, who was now sitting up, looking at me hopefully. I shook my head and his shoulders dropped. I turned back to the girl and saw her staring back at me, gasping for breathe. I jumped back in surprise and Thomas took my place, holding her head up, trying to clear her airway.

She slowly took in a deep inhale of air and rasped, "That was the worst ten minutes of my entire life." I chuckled lightly and pulled her into a hug. She just sat there and let me hug her. I pulled away when Aris whispered, "What's that smell?" I screamed when a crank hopped up off the ground when Thomas shined a light on it. 

I pulled Y/N away from the crank as it made a move to try and grab her leg, stopped by a chain holding it back. She kicked the cranks hand away and looked over at me, almost in tears. 

As our group huddled together, staying out of reach of the chained up creatures, we saw a door open and a girl with extremely short hair walked out.

"I see you've met our guard dogs."

A/N
Hope ya'll are liking it so far. I have been losing motivation on this story so sorry for not updating more frequently. My cousin helped me a little bit with this story so thanks to her, ya'll got this chapter. 

Thanks for reading my story!! Love ya, shanks!