7

When I woke up again, it was dark and the boys had a fire going. I watched the flames as the danced in the fire pit they had created. As I watched the flames, Minho's voice cut through the silence that had settled over the boys. "I thought we were supposed to be immune?"
Thomas sighed, "Not all of us... I guess."

"If Winston can get infected, we can assume so can the rest of us." I looked at Newt and and image of him infected flashed through my mind. I pushed the image out of my mind. 

He's gonna be fine. He's gonna be okay.

I snapped out of my thoughts when Frypan said, "I never thought I'd say it... I miss the glade." I let out a small chuckle, "Your glade must've been a hell lot better than mine. Mine was just chaos." I looked over at the shocked boys. I then realized that they didn't know I woke up a little earlier. 

Newt then stood up and came and sat next to me. "Hi..."

"Hi. I'm, uh, I'm sorry about Winston." Newt whipped his head to me and whispered, "You saw that?"
"Um, yeah. I did. I fell asleep when you were carrying me."

He was about to reply but tensed up when he saw something behind me. I looked at him, "What's wr-" He cut me off by placing his hand over my mouth and all of a sudden, the light that the fire had provided, disappeared, like it was never there. I was about to pry Newts hand off my face when I heard a bloodcurdling scream, like someone was being strangled mixed with the sound of someone gurgling water. 

My eyes widened with fear and I stared at Newt, hoping that somehow he would calm me down. He placed a finger over his lips and made a shushing sound. I nodded and slowly turned around. I saw a person, well it looked like a person but it wasn't. Its leg was in a position that normally, if your leg looked like that you would pass out in pain. It had it black veins that stretched up over its face and it made a low growling sound as it moved. 

It slowly made its way over a sand hill and slowly faded out of sight. After a couple of minutes, I looked over at all the boys and whispered as quietly as I could, "What was that?"

"That... was a crank." I looked at the boy who said it and he stared back at me. I shuddered, remembering what the crank looked like and laid my head on Newts shoulder. He wrapped his arm and around my waist and pulled me closer, allowing me to lay my head on his chest. I hissed in pain as I moved my leg. He stopped adjusting us and looked at me worryingly. I managed to give him a little smile, letting him know I was okay. 

When all the boys had fallen asleep, I stared up at the sky and saw the stars. I smiled at the sight as I haven't seen them since the glade. I allowed a single tear to fall from my eye and whispered to the sky, "I miss you, guys." I closed my eyes and allowed sleep to fall over me. 

IN THE MORNING

When I woke up again, we were on the move one more. I was being carried my Minho this time instead of Newt. I yawned slightly and he stopped walking to look down at me. "Morning, shank." He said smiling.

I looked up at the boy and smiled slightly. "Do you think you can walk?" 

"I can try." Minho set me down, helping my stand. I placed most of my weight on my good leg and gripped on tight to his arm. We were in the back of the group so nobody saw us stop. I looked forward and tried to take a step forward. As soon as I placed a little bit of weight on my injured leg, I collapsed, letting out a scream of agony. I heard as Minho yelled for Newt and Newt yelled my name. I laid on the ground, my stomach beneath me. I groaned in pain as I rolled over onto my back. 

Newt leaned down, shielding my face from the sun. I heard him whisper to me but I couldn't quite make out the words. I slowly closed my eyes and for the second time, I passed out. 

NEWTS POV

I quickly ran to Y/N's side as she laid on the ground. Minho was holding her arm but I shoved him out of the way and leaned down, blocking her from the sun she rolled over onto her back and looked at me, pain in her eyes. "Your gonna be okay. I promise." She slowly closed her eyes and passed out again. I slowly stood up and turned to Minho. 

"What the hell were you thinking!? She still has a bloody bullet in her leg and you think she can walk?!" 
"She said that she could try! I asked her first and she said she could try..." Minho looked down at her sadly and then at me. "She said she could try..." 

I scoffed at the runner and picked Y/N up. I walked up to Tommy and we started to move again. 

After a couple of minutes, I looked back at Minho who had his shoulders slumped and looked very upset. I sighed and turned to Tommy. "Hey. I'm gonna go walk with Minho. Can you hold Y/N?" 

"Yeah sure." Thomas turned towards me and took Y/N out of my arms. I smiled at my friend then turned and waited for Minho to catch up. When he finally made it over to me, I put my hand on his shoulder, walking next to him. "Listen. I'm sorry for lashing out at you . I just feel this weird need to protect her... Like I knew her before all of this." 

Minho looked over at me and whispered, "We did..."

A/N
BOOM!! Cliffhanger!! *Cue evil laughter.*

I hope ya'll are liking it so far! If you have any suggestions on my writing or anything like that, comment or message me on my page. Love Ya!!