March Drabble Challenge: 5 - Undivided

Wei Wuxian was sitting on the green grass behind the Jingshi, playing with A-Yuan. Thanks to Lan Wangji pushing Lan Qiren to open his eyes and stop the siege of the Burial Mounds just in time, both the toddler and Wei Wuxian had found sanctuary in the Cloud Recesses. Just like all the rest of the Wen remnants.

The only thing which saddened Wei Wuxian greatly was the fact that Wen Qing and Wen Ning could not be here with them. Despite this devastating loss, things still ended up better than he could have ever imagined. The Wen remnants were finally safe.

Suddenly, Wei Wuxian heard a sound behind him. He glanced towards Lan Wangji who was sitting on a porch and had to smile to himself. The Second Jade looked like he was pouting and it was adorable.

Wei Wuxian was sad that Lan Wangji could not join him and A-Yuan in their play due to his still healing injuries. Just one more sin that fell under his name.

He shook his head. Lan Wangji was doing better now. And there was no reason for him to beat himself up over this. They had had many long discussions together with Lan Wangji. Wei Wuxian was just starting to treasure himself more and allowing himself to find happiness. Instead of drowning himself in guilt, he would should rather let himself get distracted by his husband's adorable pout.

He turned around and smiled at Lan Wangji: "Lan Zhan, do not worry, I will give you my undivided attention this evening." They had to be careful, but it was not like they could do nothing at all.

The tips of Lan Wangji's ears became red. Yes, as soon as A-Yuan would be asleep, they would have the whole night just for themselves.