September writing prompts 8 - Cosy Night In

"A-Cheng, A-Xian, no more fighting today, alright? You could have gotten badly hurt. You are brothers, you should get along better." Jiang Yanli was lecturing the two boys with worried expression.

"Yes, Shijie," Wei Wuxian agreed meekly, thoroughly chastised. He realized that he should not have teased his younger brother and made him angry.

"Yes," grumbled also Jiang Cheng. He was no longer angry, but apologetic that his new older brother had gotten hurt. He should not have chased Wei Wuxian out of their shared room, especially not while threatening him that he would call dogs to hunt him. He was well aware of the other boy's fear of the creatures.

"Good," Jiang Yanli smiled and patted their heads. "Now that you made up, you can have a little of the soup I cooked for you, and then go to sleep, it is getting really late."

She prepared two dishes of soup and served them to her two still slightly dishevelled brothers. They ate first in silence, but then started joking and complimenting the taste. The atmosphere got lighter.

After eating, Jiang Yanli tugged them both in their respective beds. Jiang Cheng first, then Wei Wuxian.

However, before she could kiss also her new brother's forehead, she felt someone tugging at the back of her robe.

"A-Jie..." Jiang Cheng was looking at her with pleading eyes. She knew what he wanted to ask and she did not have any will to refuse. Both boys were simply too adorable.

"Come here, A-Cheng," Wei Wuxian lifted a corner of his blanket.

Jiang Cheng did not hesitate and got into the bed together with him. Both boys squeezed together on the far end of the bed, Jiang Yanli did not hesitate and laid down next to them. They all snuggled together, holding hands.