March Drabble Challenge: 31 - Last

It was the last day of high school today. Jiang Cheng had just received his diploma and he was emotional. He wanted to share his happiness with his brother. However, what he discovered just then, shook his very roots.

Wei Wuxian was standing a little to the side, not really joining their family gathering. Lan Wangji was by his side and they looked like they were in their own world.

Jiang Cheng approached and was struck by surprise. Or more like shock really.

"...the last day. I will say my goodbyes. Wait here, Lan Zhan."

Jiang Cheng could not understand what his brother was talking about but he definitely had a bad feeling. Saying goodbyes? That did not sound good. And even worse, Wei Wuxian had been acting somewhat strange as of late. He had even cleaned his room!

Was he about to leave? And perhaps never come back?

"Wei Wuxian," Jiang Cheng called a little harshly, "what are you doing over there? What are you planning?"

His brother turned around with a guilty and uncomfortable expression on his face. Oh, so it was just as Jiang Cheng feared. Wei Wuxian had been sometimes talking about leaving, especially when their mother had been harsh with him. But Jiang Cheng had not though he would actually go through with this.

What the heck? This was just too sudden! This could not be the last day he would get to see his brother.

"Wei Wuxian, what are you talking about? What about leaving?"

"Ah, A-Cheng," Wei Wuxian scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, "It is not like that. I am going to live with Lan Zhan from now on. We are in love. I will come visit, I promise!"

Jiang Cheng's mouth fell open. He had never heard anything about this.

Here we go, this is the last drabble of the March writing challenge. I will leave this book open for when another challenge comes around. In the meantime, if you have a suggestion of your own, do not hesitate to let me know :)