Octopus

Lan Wangji felt something heavy on top of him. Which would be a normal occurrence seeing that Wei Ying was quite a clingy person, especially when asleep. However, it felt somewhat different this time.

As if the embrace was tighter and more... wet and squishy?

Lan Wangji's eyes flew open instantly. Why was he feeling strange things touching his naked body everywhere? Why did it felt like Wei Ying was trying to cover every inch of his skin with kiss marks, all at the same time?

When Lan Wangji's eyes have gotten used to the light, he actually stopped breathing with shock.

The thing he saw sitting, or laying, or snuggling, or whatever it was doing on top of him was definitely not Wei Ying!

There, on his chest laid a giant octopus! Its legs were circling Lan Wangji's body from various sides and angles. It was those tentacles which had him feeling so strange.

The grip tightened still and the octopus wriggled. That was it, Lan Wangji could not take in anymore. There was an octopus in his room, on top of him, in the middle of the night. And his husband was missing at that! What was going on?

He could not help himself and tried struggling out of the hold of that strange creature. It was to no avail unfortunately. It was stronger than him and would only hold onto him more and more tightly. To the point where he could not breathe anymore.

With the last of his breath, Lan Wangji did something he had never done before. At least not to his knowing. He screamed in utter panic. Would he be killed in his own bed by an octopus?

He closed his eyes, he did not have the stomach to face such an end.

"Lan Zhan?" he heard and felt a human hand on his forehead. His husband was calling him.

He reopened his eyes at once and gasped for breath. He did not feel being squished anymore, just the calming presence of Wei Ying close to him. He looked around in search of the octopus and could not find it anywhere.

Had he just dreamt it? What a strange nightmare, strange and scary.

"Are you alright?" asked Wei Ying, this time more worried.

Lan Wangji only sat up and gathered him into his arms. "Wei Ying, please, never turn into an octopus. Promise me."