PART ONE.

ᴇɴᴊᴏʏ.
____________

ACT I: BEFORE DECEMBER

_____________

BGK

𝒟𝐸𝒞𝐸𝑀𝐵𝐸𝑅 𝟩TH, 𝟣𝟫𝟩𝟩.

𝟣𝟣:𝟧𝟫. PM

____________

  Years.

400 years is how long I've endured. The same painful cycle, repeating over and over again. At the sake of my sanity, my heart, my vitality. The love of my life, ripped away from me. The fourth time.  This time, something feels different. The cycle of pain seems dull now. The emotions I hold no longer as vibrant as before. Something is wrong, I've done something wrong. It is like I am not trying hard enough, the fourth time.

There's a curse. She gets more ethereal every time I see her. Only to have my heart broken in the near future. Eyes glowing as I kneel down, I feel on her cold skin. Pale lips illuminate in the moonlight, warming my heart and entrapping my soul, or what's left of it. I am once again in the chains of her rapture, forced to wait, once more, 100 years.

We once again, never make it to this point. 13 years exactly, though those 13 years of bliss, and love, excitement, something always happens. 27, you always crumble. And once again, I fail to keep you alive. It won't be this way, next time, I promise you that. My time is running out. Just because I know you'll be back, doesn't make the pain in my heart lighten.

My eyes catch a glimpse in the darkness, somewhere around the alley where my love lays still, dead. She had always been the stubborn type. I shouldn't had let her go out by herself. Running my fingers over the smooth skin of her shirt I sigh, now aware of the presence that has brought death and heartbreak to me for the fourth time. His red eyes bore into my soul with a sinister smirk.

"Leave her alone, B. This will only continue."

Rage fills me as my eyes turn the color kin to his. Saying nothing, I only watch as he steps away from her corpse, only to walk stealthily away in the night. Downwards is the direction my head turns. The corpse in front of me disintegrates as a tear falls from my eye.

"Next time my love, I promise you."

_________

𝟣𝟫𝟫𝟥

_________

She's back.

Too earlier than expected. There has to be something wrong. The year is only 1993, only 16 years of my curse has been filled. She isn't supposed to be back for another 84 years, 2077. There's something wrong. I can feel her presence around me. I must find her.

This has to be a second chance. I shouldn't feel her this much. Her breathing ponds into my ears. She must've been born. December 8th is her birth date, checking the calendar, my suspicions are confirmed.

       I need to look for her, she's a newborn. The cycle is happening all over again.

My excitement blurs my vision as I venture into the hospital, interrupting my thoughts and intruding in on my feelings. I look through the window as she is now out, cries filling my room, an annoyance to others but music to my ears.

She's back, and though I am not sure now. I will not waste this time. My words were cemented in stone when I said I would protect her. I am not able to go through this again. I will break the cycle. This time, we will be together forever.