Chapter 12

Your trembling hand reaching the door knob as you took a deep breath before about to open the door, "Y/NCHIN!! OPEN THE DOOR! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!". It shocked you when you heard the panic voice of Mikey following the door that being pounded. Hurriedly opening it, you looked at the panic blond in front of you. Worries and anxiety could be seen written all over his face, "M-mikey, what's-". Your eyes widened when he suddenly wrapped his arms around you, holding you close to him. You could feel his warmth as your brows furrowed in confusion. You saw another familiar faces staring at the both of you, "W-what's going on???". "Thank god you are alright..", he mumbled under his breath as he buried his face in the crook of your neck. His hot breath somehow made your heart pounding when it brushed over your skin, "M-mikey? U-um what is going on? A-are you okay?". Finally, pulling away after awhile, he sighed, "I was calling you.. Ruri said something happened and you...were crying". Your eyes widened as your face turned bright red. "We all thought something bad was happened... Because well... We are in the middle of something...", Sanzu sighed as he rubbed the back of his neck, while averted his gaze away.

Hearing that you finally notice how there are some dried blood on their uniform and how some of them have bruises. You then back looked at Mikey, all thought his face are fine, you saw how his hands looked quite beaten, "Come inside all of you...Gathering in front of my house like this, the neighbor will feel uncomfortable.. Besides, I'm making dinner.. How about um..it's not much but if you all didn't mind having dinner here..". Letting the four guy went inside, you sighed. You wonder what has happened and seeing how their condition also how they are seems worried about your well being, you didn't have the heart to just tell them to leave. "..'scus us~", you heard them mumbled it under their breath after taking off their boots. "You all can use the bathroom over there.. The towel is in the racks..", hearing that, they nodded their and start made their way.

You then grab Mikey's hand, stopping him, "...Why are you here, mikey-kun? What happened actually?". He fall silent as his eyes studying her face, "y/nchin.. Do you..hates someone who..likes fighting?". "Why the sudden question-", "Do you hates violence- I meant someone who is...you know..", you looked up at him confused before you start racking your brain, trying to figured out why him suddenly asking such things. Sighing, you answer reluctantly, "..I prefer to solve things in more peaceful way. I can't say I do hates violence but..I know I kinda dislike it..Especially if it end up hurting people that dear to me...", your eyes meet his as you could feel how his eyes staring back and seems those words made him flinched a little. Somehow the way he staring back at you, made your heart back pounding as you averted your gaze away, unable to bear locking eyes with him.

"T-then what is actually happened and what bring all of you here?", you asked awkwardly as you let go of his hand. " When I heard from ruri that you cried... I...suddenly I just.. the time I realised it, I'm already here..", his hand reached for your cheek as you could feel that rough warm hand scope your cheek and his thumb brushed over your cheek lightly, "..I really don't get it either.. What did you do to me, y/nchin? You..I always feeling anxious lately too when you aren't around...". 'W-what is he talking about.. D-don't tell me he is..', your cheeks back blushed when heard his words. The way he said it almost felt like, he have some feelings for you. Yet when you see his eyes, you could see the slight coldness and how lost he is. Rather than the gaze of someone that held romantic feelings, it's more of the eyes someone who is lost of himself and longing for someone else. '...Right..what am I thinking.. it's impossible for someone like him liking me.. Seems like he have someone already', that sure made your heart ached, yet you managed to pulled your usual smile, "Maybe because you thought me as family? I meant you are really close with my little sister and you've been around for months.. So, I guess that's why you maybe feeling worried?".

-Mikey's POV-

"Maybe because you thought me as family? I meant you are really close with my little sister and you've been around for months.. So, I guess that's why you maybe feeling worried?", hearing that, his hand froze before he pulling it away, 'Family?'. He saw her usual small and warm smile, yet somehow he had a feeling she is forcing it. 'Is it because she behaved like Emma? No..Emma is nothing like her', he stare at her, studying her face, burning the sight of her into his head, while trying using every braincells he have to think, '...What is this...feelings...'. He wonder why he didn't like the idea of her thinking of him as family, yet at the same times, he is unable to figured out what she is to him or what he want her to think him as. "Key...? hey, Mikey!", felt someone grabbed his shoulder, it seems he finally back into reality after getting lost in thoughts, "What's with you? You okay?". He glance at Sanzu, "What?". "What do you meant what? We've been calling over you so many times..", Sanzu sighed as he then saw her worried expression, "Are you hurts somewhere, mikey-kun?". The way she asked him full of concern, it made him want to fake pains and just blurred out he hurts all over his body or dying, yet the pride he have prevent him to behave the way his heart want, "Just a bit tired.. It's alright.. I just need to wash my face". Left his friends and her just like that, he keep getting lost in his thoughts. Why would he care for her that much? Why he even want to fake things just for her attentions? Is it really because she remind him of his sister? Is it because he wanted a family, that's why he keep coming back to her? Yet, why he felt like it's not just all that?

Sighing in frustration, he flinched a little when he washed his wounded hands. Washing his face, he looked at his own reflection on that mirror. [Y/n hates violence. I wonder how she will react if she know what kind of monster you are], those words suddenly crossed his mind again and again he could felt the anxious that start wrapped his whole body. What if she found out about what he has done? He looked at his both palms, seeing how it full of scar and how broken all those skins are from all the fights he has been doing, he could see his hands trembling. What if she know what those hands has been done? Will she felt disgust when he touch her? Bite his lips, he could feel his head throbbing. All those thoughts made him felt like he is about to go insane.

Gritted his teeth in frustration, he heard knocks on the door, "WHAT?!". There is a brief silence before he could heard her soft voices, "Mikey? Can I come in?". Realized what he has done, god how he hates himself for snapping at her like that. Seems his silence was taken as a yes from her. Heard the door opened, he saw her head peeked to looked at him. A small smile could be seen on her face, "Let's treat your wounds..". He could see her hand reaching for him. For some reason, it didn't even take him a seconds to not taking her small hand, 'it's...warm..'. Without even thinking he just let her leading him away from the bathroom.

Seems too focused on her, the time he heard she closed the door behind them, he then realised she didn't lead him to a living room. It surprised him how she lead him to her room instead of the living room where the other are gathering. His eyes scanning the room, the room sure quite girly and of course way tidier compared to his room, 'The room...smells like her...It's different from Emma's..That's a lot of books.. What a nerd'. "Come sit here.. ", she again hold his hand, leading him to sit on the chair that seems she always use for studying and has been pulled to be right beside her bed. Obediently sat on the chair, he watching her took his hands and start cleaning those wounds, "Mikey-kun.. Is there something bothering your mind?". He could see her eyes glance at him, "..No". "I see.. If there is something bothering your mind.. I just want you to know, that I'm here if you need someone to listen.. I can't promise I could help you out much. I don't know what is troubling you or what you are went through right now, but if by listening to it could help ease it.. I'm here. I won't force you to share it with me. I just want you to know, you aren't alone..Don't shoulder everything alone..", his eyes widened when heard those sincerity, he could feel the warmth from both of her words and her touch. Hearing those words, he couldn't help but wondered, "Why? Why would you care for me that much?". Her hands stopped moving for a brief moment, as she gave him a faint small smile, "I too wondering why.. But, well.. Technically we've known each other for months already.. Ruri even considered you as her own big brother. Gosh that girl keep bragging about you-". "What about you? What you think of me as, y/nchin?", he grab her hand as he looked straight into her eyes, stopping her from treating his wounds. That sure caught her of guards. That brief silence sure felt like time has stopped.

-End of Mikey's POV-