Chapter 29

It's been months since you  are in contact with Mikey or anyone from Kanto Manji Gang. You've been ignored their calls and texts. Little did you know those small things bring really huge impact to Mikey. *Mikey*, that's the caller id that has been reflected on your phone every single day. "Want me talk to him?", Kuko hand tried to take your phone away as you flipped it closed and put it inside your pocket before he could reached it, "No need...", you sighed as you tried to fix your Obi. He sighed as he watching you struggling trying to put on your Kanzashi, "Let me help you with it..". You gave him a weak smile as you handed the hair pin to him, "Thank you, Kuko..". Silence filled the room as you just stare blankly to the mirror in front of you. The thick make up, the heavy kimono and the heavy hair pin that already hurting your head, sure didn't make your moods any better. "You do know you don't have to participate, right? Is inheriting the family legacy and became a head really that important-", "You won't understand..", he flinched when your cold voice could be heard full of contempt. Kuko sighed as he grab your shoulder to turned your body facing him, "Y/n, once you are go for this, there is no turning back. You remember what happened with your brother?! Even your mother-", "They trust the wrong people!! Brother trust a wrong person! I..won't make the same mistakes!!", he could see the determination in your eyes as he clicked his tongue, "Why must you being this stubborn?! Avenging them?! Is that what all this about?! Have you thought about what will happened to Ruri, huh?! Do you even have people backing you up? Your grandmother alone-". "I know!! I KNOW!! I'M AWARE OF ALL THAT!!", you shout back at him as frustration could be seen in your face. You clutch tight your fists on your lap, trying to hold your tears. Kuko sighed as he patted your head carefully, afraid ruining your hair. He know whatever he is saying right now isn't going through you, "I can't help you much, y/n. I only could help you if we both betrothed to each other.. You do know how I feel about you. If you think joining hand in marriage could help you achieving it, then I won't mind.. But I don't think that's what your heart wanted too.. Think everything again.. You still have time before the New years bell rang... There is always another way to avenge them. We will find another way to punish them.. You can't even stomach seeing blood, what make you think that you could go with whatever the fuck your plan is. Don't dirty your clean hands..". His words sure made your chest tightened as you just slapped his hand away and turned your body away from him, refuse to look at him in the eyes. Clenched his teeth, he just leave your room in frustration. He hates to admit it, but he know only one person that you will probably listen to and made you changes your mind. Someone you held dear in your heart but seems you loathe at the same times.

Swallowing his pride, he dialed a number and called him. He could felt the anxiety inside of him, while waiting for the other side to pick up his call. He know you probably will loathe him too when you found out what he did for you, [Who is this?]. He could heard the hoarse cold voice finally answered to his call, [It's kuko.. Mikey, it's about y/n and Ruri..].

-Mikey's PoV-

Since that day, he spent most of his times with his usual routines like before meeting her. Fighting whoever getting on his nerves or annoyed him. Anyone could seen how darkened his eyes each day and how he barely even mutters a word. The nightmares and the guilt that eating him every seconds made him barely wanted to close his eyes, yet he hates the fact if he opened his eyes, he would be reminded how much she hates him. Of course the way he is now raised concerns from everyone in the gang. Him keep picking fights with whoever available at time sure burning everyone slowly. They even barely catch a break from the fights. Even the haitani's and sanzu start felt the exhaustion from all that. Not even Kakucho managed to talk senses to Mikey.

There he sat on the couch inside his room, letting out a heavy sight as he let his back rest and his head hang back a little. The smell of blood that start to dried on his hands and clothes has became something too familiar for him. He tried asked about Ruri to his grandfather. The answer sure upset him. "Better if I don't know... what kind of bullshit is that...", he grumbled as he clenched his teeth. It frustrating when she keep rejecting his calls and leave his text just like that instead of blocking him. "The fuck she want from me...", he groaned as he let the back of his hand covered his eyes. Another heavy sigh escaped his lips as the memory of her face flashed inside of his head. He remember how wonderful that smile is, her sweet gentle voice full of warmth, the worries in her eyes every time he is coming over with bruised, and her smell, god it always driven him crazy just remembering those moments with her. All thoughts about her enough to make his heart ached. Not getting what he wants, he isn't used to this kind of feelings. While he is busy drowned in his own thoughts and his little happy world, he heard his door being slammed opened.