Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Stood there, in the far corner of the corridor, a tall figure with fine body, dressed in a luxurious black-clad, spoke.

Adrian Lècharre Adrika. My brother.

Stupefied with the current situation, the butler failed to respond immediately.

"I said what's going on here?"

"Y-yes?"

Adrian's brows twitched. Seemingly as if he's talking to a wall, his brows slightly magnefied together.

"Ha..do i look like a joke to you?"

The butler, noticing the annoyance in his expression quickly retorted.

"Ah Y-Young Master Adrian..there is a slight complications with Lady Melipione's tasks..."

"And what would that be?"
He raised his eyebrows.
His gaze roamed around the hall as he saw the servants crowding this place.

"You, you you, all of you disperse at once right now."
His words containing authority, as he stated his verdict, the servants instantly dashed out.

Watching the two people converse with each other with an indifferent look, i openly rolled my eyes.

At this point, it's getting more boring the more the situation unfolds. If this continues, I'd really receive a heavy punishment for refusing to do my tasks.

Well, honestly, that's what I'm aiming for.

Observing my apathetic expression, the butler smirk at me before he continue.

Without even saying it, i exactly knew what his thoughts are.

"You see...Young Miss refuses to do her tasks for today..she even-she even cussed at me while i diligently do my job"

'you're fucked'
Is what his expression saying.

Adrian look at me in disdain. His newfound expression, which deemed the situation amusing, is openly baring it's fangs against me saying as if i really fucked up.

The butler brightened as he watch Adrian strode towards me.

"Melipione, do you know what you've done just now? Father's orders are absolute"

"I wont."
I resolutely responded

"what? Has your stupidity gotten to your head? Father will punish you"

He warned, pointing his long index finger at my face.
I coldly stared at it for a second before meeting his gaze.

He seemed taken aback by my cold expression, nevertheless, i rebutted.

"You deaf? I do whatever the hell i want and you stick your nose out of my business. Whether i get punished or not is none of your business"

"Wha--you!!.."

Adrian is now completely dumbfounded by my words as he looked at me as if im being possessed by something. Of course, I couldn't care less by however the way he look at me.

I've been immune now.

Besides, i needed to cause more commotions to get punished. So the angrier they get, the better.

"It seems that you've gone crazy overnight"

"Sure, i guess"
I immediately responded without remorse. I've been crazy for a long time already, what's the point if denying the fact?

Adrian's mood worsened second by second. He was in complete confusion at my sudden change of behavior. Normally, i would've throw a tantrum at the slightest provocation.

"...did you not hear me? Aren't you afraid that father will punish you? Why are you being so stubborn today?"

"What, you concern at me?"
I asked sarcastically.
His face instantly become red stood there huffing and puffing.

"You dare say that disgusting words to me again of else--!"

" Pfft. Yes, yes"
Instantly brushing it off as to tease him more, I indifferently look directly at his eyes not caring whatever the hell he feels.

"....."

"Melipione Lècharre Adrika you better brace yourself for what comes after this."

Like that, he left. The butler soon followed after him like a dog. Before he completely leave, he glanced at me as he scoffed.

"Ha.."

I just returned to the past but all of this happened as soon as I change my course of action.

I didn't expect this big impact but it's not as bad as i thought. I calculated my moves carefully so i could advance to my plans.

I plopped down on my bed and started formulating my next moves. Closing my eyes, i set my goals for my first step.

First, i need to move freely without distractions.

Second, i need allies. I can't do everything on my own as there were many eyes restricting my movements. It'd be bad if things go astray because of unnecessary scenarios.

At that moment..

-Knock knock

I glanced at the door for a moment.

"My Lady"

"Come in"

A maid entered the room at my cue.

"My Lady the Duke summons you in his study"

I stood up without a second thought and immediately darted my way towards his study.

As I was passing the hallway, serveral servants are murmuring at each other. They didn't even try to conceal their voices as if it was intentionally done to ridicule me.

Of course, i didn't budge at their childish taunts albeit i slightly want to dash off their faces right now. I have a separate goal right now. There comes a time for everything.