Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Today is not my lucky day. I was bombed in the morning, and was attempted to be assassinated at night by my own brother. Furthermore, an unexpected encounter occurred when I was about to enter the black market, my main goal for tonight.

Well, i could just push it back for tomorrow since  the items I ordered would arrive the next day too.

That's how far my schedule goes. For now, I'll just head back. I already spent a couple of hours anyway.

'ah..! '

Remembering something, I looked back towards the buzzing city of Pontarlier, the capital city of the Adrika Dutchy.

'that's right my library was burnt to crisp did it? '

The books I barely payed attention to, after, briefly reading some, turned into dust thanks to the 'prank' of a certain someone.

Informations that I've consumed were just basic knowledge, I still have a lot to learn after all, the more knowledge I have under my belt, the more power and advantage I gain over others.

'Knowledge is Power'

This quotation is always true even if the world came to ruins. My past life knowledge and experience will be my power to change my fate in this life.

' I hope there's still available bookstore this time though...'

Walking back to the city, i took a different path this time. As far as I know, libraries and bookstores are located behind the plaza ground.

Street lights are actively fighting the nightfall, emitting a bright radiance. Nevertheless, some parts were still dark where light cannot reach out.

There is a saying that goes, 'where there is light, there will always be darkness' or ' The darkest spot is under the lamp'.

It was a literal meaning of that.  Lights shone brighter in the shadow of the night, making the scene breathtakingly beautiful.

Mesmerizing the beauty, I came to realization that i have already arrived at the back of the plaza.

I roam my eyes around to look for open bookstore while walking down the street.

Sadly enough, no stores were lit up and open at this time of the night.

Well, i hadn't expect much as i have just impulsively planned this trip.
.
.
But before I could completely turn my back, a luminescence from the corner of the street caught my eyes. Squinting my eyes, I could vividly see a placard on top of the door. Alas, it was a book store.

But...was there a light there earlier...?

I was pretty sure there was no store available at this time though...

Meh, who cares? At least coming here won't be a waste of time anymore.

***
As I step into the doorway, wind chimes sang in the air disrupting the deafening silence of the night.

—cling cling cling

"······."

A familiar smell of old books rushed through my nose. It reminds me of the office room of Rovic Zethatro, the 'Father of the Black Sheeps', master of Dál Riata.

Feeling the nostalgia, i roamed my eyes around and examined the place.

The interior was rather antique, bookshelves were towering every corner, there was no place for books to fit anymore as the place were too full of different kinds of books.

A sea of knowledge I must say.

"Welcome~"
A small voice rang through my ears, startling me. Knitting my brows, i turned my head were the voice came from.