Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Although i don't know what to do with this, i remember hearing Ecclesè say something like Ring of Perception an artifact with different functions. One of the most scary functions of it is something regarding a person's mind which made Ecclesè strong on his own field which is knowledge.

With his knowledge and information his strategic planning was an important asset for the Duke. Hence was also the reason why i was bound in shackles.

After rendering me useless as the result of the Duke's fruitless investment to me, he and father decided to use me against the imperial family by enticing me with the thought of marrying the crown prince.

By the time I realized this, it was already too late. I was already a puppet, a pawn for their grand vision. I did everything on their bidding whilst they make sure I'd get my hands on the things that i want. Be it scheming to get rid of 'that' bitch to seducing the crown prince. My life is no longer mine, there's no turning back. Knowing this, all i could do is watch my life walk towards the death's door.

But not anymore. By stealing this, i could safely say that I've broke the chain on my neck.

'first let's figure this thing out'

However, right before i could lay my hands on the gem, it magically stuck itself to the wounds on my hands.

—sssppp

Slowly, the gem dissolved itself to my wound.

The changes is evident when the wound healed, not even a scar is left behind.

At that moment...

"Kghhh--!! Ah, wh-what's going on now?!"

My senses were much more sharp than before, that's also the reason why i could vividly feel the pain drawing at my left wrist.

Like a hot iron leaving a marking on my skin, a stigma is slowly forming on my wrist.

—urghh...kihhh

I bit my lips hard to the point that it bled to prevent unnecessary noises coming out of my mouth.

—sssiii

When the pain is gradually reduced, I glanced at my wrist were the pain is induced just a second ago.

There, a runic pattern is embedded in the color of black. The most noticeable feature is an eye at the center of the stigma with its pupil dyed in red.

'its creepy. Just looking at it makes me feel like my whole being is bare naked in front of it'

'Still, it's chilling but somehow feels comforting.'

I then focused my mind with a newfound sensation, where my vision became sharper, and my hearing is enhanced as long as I 'observe' a certain area. I could see through walls and infrastructures within 5km.

So this is why it's called 'Ring of Perception'

But the most important feature is about mind, that's the reason why i choose to steal this despite the risks.

I'll set that aside for now because I'll have to first come in contact with other people. I could just experiment with the effects of the stigma later on.

I'll give myself a breathing for now.

I've been restless since the moment i woke up. A lot has happened in just a single day, well, it's not even complete day.

'they must've been eating lunch now'

Who cares anyway, I'll just sleep my way out to pass the hunger. In fact, it's not the first time this has happened.