Chapter 24

On the other side, Lypus Teivel who noticed the commotion blazing afire around them finally opened their eyes.

That was it. That was their clue, the signal they were waiting for.

After minutes of pretending to be unconscious, suddenly a new commotion was thrown around them, they knew only one human could do that in this kind of situation.

'Human'

Their contracter finally moved.

Lypus Teivel roamed their eyes around to observe the situation first. Amidst the mist and the scuffling knights who were caught off guard and or some lucky who deflected the surprise attack of magic arrows, a dark shadow of an individual moving across the screen of mist was particularly caught in the eye of the perceptive high rank monster Lypus.

And in that short moment, the black clad individual turned their head on Lypus.

Their gazes met carrying meaningful expression. The black clad individual subtly nodded their head on Lypus on which Lypus replied with a blink of their eyes. They cannot nod back because of their large stature. Surely, the knights would notice even amongst the confusion.

The rest is up to them. Dealing with the rest of the knights amidst the confusion was a piece of cake.

Thinking so, the left head and right head's eyes lit up viciously. Especially the right head. With the pent up frustration from dealing with their troublesome contractor, he planned to divert his grudges to the knights instead.

No one knew what would become of the oblivious knights that had their death flags cast upon them.

Perhaps their corpses wouldn't came off intact after this. That was a  fact considering Lypus Teivel's rough and crude way of dealing things.

Imagining the knights limbs being torn apart, and their organs being plucked out by their fangs, the knights became a hopeless stuff toy in the minds of Lypus Teivel.

They craved for the screams sending musical to their ears and their rag-tag bodies being nourishment for their belly. Lypus Teivel could not help but drool at the thought.

Monsters have no sense of sympathy. They were cruel, bloody and have no sense of ethics and morality. Even if they were intelligent being, a monster could not completely overcome it's own natural instincts.

The reason why they were called monsters, and were born monsters.

Excitedly, they bared their fangs like a devil smiling at a delicious prey. Their scrunched nose and vicious eyes were especially blood curling.

Death flags were raised and the banners of destruction were screaming all over the place.

***

Leaving the cold body of the researcher behind, i forced to swallow the lump of saliva stuck in my throat and propped myself on a wall as to not stumble.

"Haaa...haaamn.."

Breathing heavily, I massage my temples to cool down my head.

'Damn terrible stamina, my mana pool is also just as terrible'

Aside from the depleting mana I've used since earlier, I also felt a psychological repulsion from killing a human being.

I know i said i was indifferent of the death of people around me and i lack sympathy for hurting those who hurt me but killing with my own hands is different. This and that is another matter completely.