Chapter 12

Chapter 12

When I regained my consciousness, I was back to the position I was in before the whole thing happened. Regaining from stupor, i quickly take a look at my hands.

The book was still there. I want to dash out and stay away as far from the book as possible but, my gut feeling is telling me otherwise.

'Gut? Im still trusting my gut even after what I've experienced?'

Nothing bad happened but, it left a bitter taste in my mouth. Especially remembering the root of my suffering. I thought I have already forgotten it, I thought I've safely hidden it deep within my subconsciousness...

'What was even this book anyway? No normal book would be able to unleash that kind of phenomenon unless it was blessed by a god. Besides, if they manage to dig deep within my memories, there's a high chance that this is an extraordinary book. For now, I'll judge whether it would be dangerous or beneficial to me. If not, I would destroy this book and keep others from getting their hands on this.'

Unable to hold back my curiosity, I held the book in my hands. Ouroboros. A symbol of a snake devouring its own tail is engraved on the cover of the book. Below that was a sentence written on ancient language, since I can't comprehend its contents.

Moving my fingers, I opened the book on the first page.  My eyebrows unknowingly raised as I read the contents of the first page.

========================
Skill: Apostle of Time

A skill book blessed by the God of Time, Chronos. Time is the fourth dimension, a sequence of existence and events that occurs in succession from the past, through the present, into the future.

Skill Division: 1/3 Unlocked

[Grave of the Past]

-Can look into the memories of the target for 10 minutes.

Past is the set of events that occured before a given point in time, and can be accessed through memory and  recollection.

When using this skill, the target must be similar or weaker than the user. Can be used to higher level targets if they are dead.

-the user should be the one who killed the target

/Consumes 1 year of  lifespan  everytime the skill is used/
========================

"Ha, haha-"

A laugh escaped from my mouth. I touched the corner of my mouth, I was already grinning ear to ear. I recalled the events that I've experienced earlier.

"You're telling me...the reason why I experienced that is because the book was actually a skill book? So what happened earlier is the effect of the skill [Grave of the Past] and that explains why the memory resurfaced. Heh--seeing it first hand is a little...but this is actually a good thing?"

Smirk crept on my face. I don't know how I look right now but I probably blushing like a pervert.

Aren't I lucky? I unexpectedly gained a skill book out of nowhere and a time related attribute at that! Rare attributes like time are very hard to acquire, they say it appears one in a century! This means I found a treasure!

"heck yeah! The God of Luck must've betowed an incredible luck on me this time because of unlucky events that happened to me since the day I woke up. Hmph! Should be. I would've cursed him for playing pranks on me if not.."

I glanced at the book once again. I belatedly realized the contents of the skill book. When you say time, it says there are past, present and future right? It says I unlocked one feature which is related to past did it?