Chapter 26

Chapter 26

The lower half spider legs sticking to the ceiling tap their limbs in a playful manner.

Walcher's horribly distorted face, probably because of the mutation from human to monster looked as ugly as ever Melipione had seen in her lives.

Because of his obnoxious features, Melipione did not recognize the monster earlier. But after hearing it talk nonsense as if it was a part of pseudo-religious cult similar to Veto, Melipione could make a rough guess.

They were singing similar song about human evolution blah blah blah that Melipione's ears would rot.

He licked his lips with a long salivating slender tongue and laughed at the little girl.

-you know me after all. Indeed, it is I, Walcher and I am your salvation to send you straight to hell gate! K-kiiiikkk.!!! Kekeke

"What  nonsense are you blabbering about? Stop spitting crap and move your ass here and fight me!"

"I  don't have forever to waste my time listening to your bullsh1t!"

He circled in his position and wiggled his long black tentacles before letting out an ear splitting roar as if angered by something when he was just laughing a second ago.

-SCREEECCHHH...!!!

-KIIKIKIIIIK I'll k*ll you! I'll k*ll you! I'll k*ll you!

Walcher roared his strong declaration as if chanting a prayer like a devoted believer.

"Come try me ugly b*stard!"

Walcher ran at the ceiling at a full speed with his big monstrous body as if it was some kind of piece of paper as he easily carried his bulgy self. Melipione was surprised, not knowing where that speed came from. But there was little no time to think about such matters when her hands are already full at the moment.

At her current self, she cannot defeat the much refined and upgraded Walcher who became a chimera. Melipione is just a mere 1-star magician and was no match for him if she tried to foolishly face him head on.

'I had to make run for it and take advantage of the surroundings.'

'Think Melipione, think! You have to outsmart him if you cannot match his force!'

As she narrowly dodges each and every advances of Walcher receiving scratches all over her body, Melipione gritted her teeth to endure the stinging pain from the accumulated wounds all over her body.

—Are you going to keep dodging forever? Kieekk-! Let's see how far you can keep that up!

Impatiently, Walcher increased his attack speed to corner the little girl. He changed his attack pattern and swung his sharp steel-like spider limbs around Melipione in a much messier and brisker motion.

The little girl's back felt cold once again, cold sweats are forming on her nape.

These barrage of attacks cannot be dodged by Melipione's agility anymore, she knew it'd come to this. Luckily, she's not just running around with her tails between her legs, Melipione knew she couldn't keep dodging forever. It cannot continue on like this, one was bound to tire out and lose so she had prepared a spell simultaneously while trying to dodge each and every attacks of Walcher moments ago.

[Shield]
[Chain Link]

Melipione chanted the spells in her mind and exercised her powers at the same time Walcher's attack have gone after her.

'chance!'

—KWANGG!!

A sharp ringing noise from the collision of their battle rang throughout the laboratory room.