Chapter 20

Chapter 20

"A devil contract.

I don't have a mana contract right now so let's do a devil contract. Since you have a devil bloodline, it shouldn't be hard right?"

After contemplating what to do as a solid liaison given our circumstances right now, it was the only thing I could think of.

A devil contract binds the souls of the parties involved in the agreement. Should the subjected parties fail to fulfill the end of their deal, their soul would shatter and they would die. That's how heavy of a consequence the devil contract holds.  So both parties doesn't have to worry about the risk of betrayal if both wanted to keep their lives intact.

Lypus expression turned serious. The left head and right head turned to each other, making an eye contact. It seems that they were hesitating about something.

When I noticed this, the corner of my eyebrows rose.

'dont tell me they're planning to betray me so they're hesitating..?'

Different thoughts crossed my mind trying to figure out their actions.

Actually, I'm running out of time here. If I don't finish this quickly, things might backlash and I'd suffer a setback. I can't afford to be caught here.

"What. Are you scared of the consequences that you're contemplating so much?"

Lypus expression hardened. It made me wonder if my suspicion was right or just that I'm imagining things. We've wasted enough time and have come this far they won't suddenly back out won't they?!

The huge wolf monster looked away to avoid eye contact before opening his mouth.

"I-its not what you think it is, it's just that..."

"What. Tell me"

"Kurrm w-we don't know how to form a devil contract.. e-ehem..."

The left and right head look away in embarrassment. Their ears dropped down to their shame. Somehow they look like abandoned puppies but I'll set that aside for now.

It slipped off my mind that they lived almost their entire life locked up in this damp murky underground prison. Even if Lypus was an intelligent creature, there's a limit to how much they could learn if they're not in the right environment.

The most they have learned was probably along the lines of "kuhahahaha--!! More more feed me more! Bring some tasty humans I'll gladly devour them all!!" Obviously this was what  the right head would learn. As for the left head, he'd just quietly wolf down the prisoners offered to them while observing their behavior.

In short, they had little no time to learn about their true abilities such as creating a devil contract.

Just thinking about it makes my head ache.

'ah, these pitiful kids really...'

"About that, I can cover that up. I know how to do a devil contract. So you must listen to my instructions since you'll be the one doing that not me. Im not the one who have a devil bloodline here you see."

Fortunately, I knew of a way to make a devil contract from my past life. I wouldn't go into extreme details but I somehow ended up getting entangled up with some shaddy guys. It made me realize that I really am fitted to be called a villainess.

I looked up to Lypus only to find out the strange gazes they're throwing at me. Lypus took a step back with a complicated look on his face. They were totally acting strangely as if looking at an incomprehensible being.