Chapter 5

Here I am reading a magazine. The ones that talks about the celebrities and their personal lives that shouldn't be nobodies business. It was just entertainment for me. I didn't plan on working at the club tonight even though I can use the money.

Instead I would be staying home with my girl Trina. She was moving back here all the way from California. She left after we graduated from Grant High School. She was also pregnant by this crazy ass abusive nigga. He would always hit her no matter what.

If his parents made him mad he would hit her. He even forced her to have sex. That's when her son Trayvon came about. I never got to see the baby since she had left before he was even born.

She never told me about Ricky either. The one who was abusing her. I found out when I found a couple unusual bruises on her one day at track practice. I promised I wouldn't tell nobody but I did anyway. I was afraid that he would kill her.

I told her mama who told his parents to let them know their son was going to jail. She was upset with me for doing that to her but I knew it was the right thing to do. After that her mama packed up their things to go live in California scared that Ricky would come looking for her.

Me and Trina emailed it other. Back then Trina didn't have a phone afraid that Ricky would break out and find her.

After five long years without having my bestfriend I was happy she was coming back. I was even happier that I would get to meet Trayvon.

I finish the rest of my coffee and got the house together for a long lost visitor. Candy was still asleep which meant I had to clean quietly. Candy had worked at the club all night and I left early after my last table dance. I had lied to Frank and told him that I was sick to my stomach and he let me leave.

I washed the couple dishes in the sink. Vacuumed the carpets. Dusted a little and even cleaned up the bathroom. Candy's house was never really dirty or that hard to clean since it was really small. A 2 bedroom and one bath.

I even had time to wash my clothes which was just taking up space on the guest's room floor. I made up the bed and took a seat on the sofa in the living room. I watched a couple movies until Candy woke up and until Trina was ringing the door bell.