Chapter 6

The doorbell rung and I moved quickly towards the door. I opened it to find Trina smiling but not the Trina I remembered.

She was really light, skinny and her hair looked a mess. She looked about 6 months pregnant and there was no Trayvon in sight.

"Hey Girl" Trina came and gave me a hug. I invited her in and she sat on the couch. "What you been up too?" I tried to break the awkward silence. "Girl nothing really. Just ready to drop this load." I looked down at her stomach. "Im eight months."I was surprised since she was really small.

"Where's Trayvon?" I was in need of seeing him since I had no kids. I loved kids but the things I do or did will keep me from having them. "He's at mama's house. She didn't want me to bring him. She wanted to get his room together."

"Where are yall living?"

"On Pleasure drive in those new apartments they just built."

"I have applied for an apartment over there. I gots to get out of Candy's house."

"Hey" Candy went into the kitchen. "That's Candy Trina. Me and Candy work at the club together."

"Cool, I need to get me a job. Well after Trinity is born." She rubbed her stomach. "So you having a girl. That's so cute. I need me a baby." I laughed knowing this life I'm living would be to crazy for a baby.

"Im cooking breakfast." Candy yelled from the kitchen. "Ok thats good cause I'm starving" Trina yelled.

"So did you have your baby shower and stuff already?"

"No but my brother will be throwing me one. I haven't seen him since I was a little girl. He's the reason why we are back. He bought us a house."

"That was nice of him. I wished one of my brothers would've bought me a house." We laughed. "You're so lucky girl. At least you have a job. I've been raising my son without a job. Mama have been supporting me through it all." Her tears started to roll down her face.

"Ricky have been trying to contact me asking to see his son but I refuse to have my son around that fool. Plus he's been in and out of jail. Bad influence for Trayvon." She wiped her tears with the back of her hand.

"Don't cry Trina. Just continue to be a good mother to your kids. You have my support." I walked towards my friend and hugged her knowing she have my support.