Chapter 16

Chapter Song: Fucked Up by Young Rising Sons

ALEX'S POV

"Thank you."

I feel her pull away but I hold her closer and press our lips together again. I smile into it as she doesn't stop me. Our kiss deepens as Riley laces her arms around my neck, angling our heads better. Never in my life did I think I'd ever be making out with a church girl in my dining room.

Of course, all good things never last. Our moment is broken by someone clearing their throat.

"Umm... Alex? There's someone outside looking for you."

I reluctantly break away from the kiss and face John looking at his shoes.

"What do you mean?" I look at him confused.

"She says she's your friend."

I look back at Riley with the same expression as me. I hold her hand and pull her with me as we head outside.

There on the front gate was someone I never thought I'd see again. But now that they're here, I can't help my face from breaking out into a wide grin. I run towards her just as she does the same. She jumps into my arms and I catch her easily. We both laugh, unable to believe what's happening. She places her hands on my cheeks and begins covering my face with kisses.

"Ew! Aly! Please, stop!" I laugh.

"Never! I miss this stupid face!" She continues covering me with kisses.

"Stop kissing me so I can look at your stupid face!" I say, putting her down and grabbing her face in my hands, looking at her closely.

"Wow. I could never find the words to describe you but now I know you've just had a malnourished apocalypse look this whole time."

"Bitch!" She says, putting me in a headlock.

We were so busy horsing around that I didn't notice my whole team outside watching us. I elbow Aly in the stomach and nod my head at them, making her release me.

"Since when did you have kids? I'm not ready to be a mom." Aly jokes.

"That role's already filled." I tell her and she gives me a look but I ignore her. I clear my throat and address the others. "Guys, this is Aly. My best friend."

***

"Four months, man. Four months of zero human interaction. At least during the first pandemic we were together. I'm seriously glad I didn't end up killing you then. But I guess I'm sort of glad your mom dragged you away. We'd definitely die the first time we'd see a zombie because we'd be too distracted thinking of ridiculous things to use as weapons."

We were in the living room listening to what Aly's been up to the past four months. The rest of the team seems to have welcomed her warmly judging by their laughter at her stories. I guess we needed a new face more than we thought.

"Eventually, I got tired of hiding out at our apartment. That and also coz I already looted the hell out of our neighbors. By the way, Mrs. Cole has very poor taste in chips and very questionable items in her drawers, if you know what I mean." She wiggles her eyebrows at me. "Not even the kind you'd be willing to try." She smirks.

"Aly." I warn her.

"Are you talking about sex toys?" Beth asks, making me internally groan. I was hoping to move on from this subject.

"You bet I am." Aly smirks at her. "A can of beans to the first person who finds Alex's—"

"ALY!" I glare at her.

"Alright, calm your tits. Oh shoot, I forgot you got rid of them." She laughs and I roll my eyes but internally I'm screaming.

"Seriously though, since when did you become a prude?"

"Alex isn't. They're just concerned for... the younger ones." John interjects and I send him a silent thank you.

Aly just nods and finally moves on. But I knew I was fucked by the tense figure sitting beside me.

A/N: I like to believe that song sums up Alex and Aly's relationship hahaha