Chapter 26

We were sitting in silence outside of a Mcdonald's the sun setting behind us. I was kind of hoping he was going to go through the drive-through but he didn't. I really wanted some french fries right now.

"She asked me out and I said yes. I wasn't thinking that anyone would care. So we went riding one day after school and let me clarify she sucked." Jordan states "She asked me to sit with her at lunch so I did she asked me to do thing after thing and I said yes every time. Then she started hinting at the fact that she wanted me to ask her to the winter formal." He looks over at me almost to see if I knew what he was talking about. 

"You going?" I nod my head no. "What if someone asked you?"

"You're changing the subject." I mumble

"Right umm.., anyways when I didn't ask her out she got mad and told me we were done but like 2 hours later she tells me she was sorry and asked me to come over tonight. I was actually going to go then Lizz gets that call about Pheonix and I realized she didn't need me she just wanted to use me to build her way up the social system and....." I cut him off with my laughter and he looks at me confused and he almost looks sad.

"Sorry did you say social system?" I asked still laughing

"Yeah, what's wrong with social system?"

"Nothing it's just weird hearing it come from your mouth. Anyways, continue sorry."

He looks at me confused a little before finishing his sentence from before. "I realized you need me more than she does and more importantly I need you." And of course, I bust out laughing again.

"What now?" He asks sounding even sadder.

"That's so cliche I mean thanks but wow."

"Your so annoying you know that." He says hitting me playfully in the side.

"I want food." I say still laughing. 

"Oh, whatever." He says while pulling out of the parking spot and driving to the drive-thru.

"So are we good?" He asks looking at me.

"Were good."