Chapter 30~In The End, It Will Be Okay

Ashton's P.O.V.

We walk out of the court building and into a taxi. "Ashton, I don't want to go back. I'm not crazy anymore." Delilah climbs into my lap and I hold her very close to me. "I know, Baby. I don't want to go either, but we will be out in a little bit." We sit there as the taxi driver glides down the street. It was very calming, until I heard a honk of a very big truck. I look through my window, a huge semi is headed for us. "Delilah, I love you!" Right when I finish, it hits us.

Everything went in slow motion. Seeing the driver hit the windsheild. Me holding Delilah for dear life as the window cuts her beautiful skin. Me flying to the other side of the taxi. Then seeing Delilah's back being twisted. Then everything went black.

***************
Delilah's P.O.V.

I feel a pain in my back, and I can't move at all. I try to squeak Ashton's name out but it hurts to say anything. Wait-Ashton. "ASHTON!!!" It hurt so much to yell but I would climb out of bed right now. I yell his name a couple more times then I hear nurses run into the room. Their clicking of heels and snickering gave away their identity. "Ma'am, you are in a hospital and-" "I WANT TO SEE ASHTON!!" I cut her off. "I WAS GETTING TO THAT PART!!" She yelled back, and a nurse told her to calm down. "I may be freaking out here because I want to know where my boyfriend is, but that is no way to talk to a patient. Sorry for cutting you off, but please tell me what the fuck happened and where Ashton is." We all took a deep breath, me especially because of how much it hurt to talk. A different nurse spoke up, "Delilah, you were in a car accident, a severe one at that. Your back was moved into places I have rarely ever seen! But you went in to surgery and we have fixed all of the misplaced bones. And your boyfriend...he lost a lot of blood...H-He was trying to protect you and he barely made it. Would you-" "Yes." I don't know if she was going to say what I wanted, but I agreed.

We walked down the hall, well, the nurses did, I was in a wheelchair. We went through halls, in elevators, and finally we got through the door. Right then, and right there, I wanted to slap the shit out of that nurse.

Right fucking there, Ashton had stitches on his head and a cast on his leg and arm. He was holding a sign that read, "We almost lost our lives, but we made it through for each other. And I hope we can do that together for the rest of our lives..." And he spoke with a smirk, "Delilah, will you marry me?" I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move. We have been through so much together. If I hadn't woken up that morning and saw this vulnerable Ashton Fletcher Irwin slide down that wall with cuts on his wrists, I wouldn't have met him. If I didn't stay with him in his dark stages, I wouldn't have met the storm I broke through for him. If I hadn't faced my biggest nightmare in that straight jacket, I wouldn't have known how much he cares and loves about me. He made me a better person. He helped me through so much, when I tried to keep my problems away. He helped me through thick and thin, and I can't thank him enough.

"Any chance you take with me..." He whispers. My breath hitches and I finally find my words. "You will never regret. Yes, Ashton Fletcher Irwin, I will marry you!" I jump out of the wheelchair and on to him. It hurt a lot but I didn't care. I get to be with him for the rest of my life.