Chapter 14~I Can't Believe it.....

Delilah's P.O.V.
.
The room is set up. Rose petals scattered the floor, the lights dimmed again, and music was playing again. She Is Love by Parachute. I turn to look at Ashton, there is a pause looking into each other's eyes, then we crash our lips together. Just like in The Fault In Our Stars. (ALL MY TFIOS FANS COMMENT AND SAY HAAAAAYYYY!!!!!)
.
He puts his hands lightly on my hips, but I take his hands and put them a little heavier on my waist, the way they are supposed to be. I tangle my fingers in his beautiful curls. "Delilah, I am so sorry..........I know I already apologized but........... I know I really messed up............and-" He says in between kisses. "Shhhh, Ash. It's okay, I forgive you." He breaks away. "Delilah, I can't just let it be gone like that. I messed up. I truly messed up." "Ashton," I say sternly so he knows I'm serious. "I know you messed up, there really isn't a reason for any part of this. We both have apologized and we both are okay. Please, don't drag this out to where we have to do this again." He nods. "Okay." Then he hugs me, tightly. Just then there is a knock at the door. I tell Ashton I'll get it. I open the door to Tiffany. "This isn't your room! Why are you in here?!" She says shakily. "Because, I'm with my boyfriend. What's wrong?" I ask calmly. "Oh right. Luke Hemmings is in the side of the hospital for injured. We need Ashton and I guess you too to come talk to the doctors." I nod. Ashton and I run down there.
.
Ashton's P.O.V.
.
We see Luke in a hospital bed. Asleep with IV's hooked up to him, a breathing mask and he looks miserable. "What happened?!" Delilah asks, more like screamed, concerned. "We found him with cigarettes surrounded him and alcohol bottles. We were wondering if either of you knew anything that had to do with this." The doctor spoke. Delilah looks up at me. "The last time I heard anything about Luke was when his boyfriend was going to talk to him." The doctor nodded and wrote something down on his clipboard. Just then Calum ran up to us. "What's going on? What h-" he then sees Luke. "LUKEY!!!" Calum ran into the room, no one stopped him. "Oh, Lukey. What happened to you? I'm so sorry! I bet I caused this!" Delilah and I went in a few minutes after. Calum didn't notice and we heard him singing.
.
Should have kissed you there, I should have held your face.
I should have watched those eyes, instead of run in place.
.
I should have called you out, I should have said your name.
I should have turned around, I should have looked again.
.
But oh, I'm staring at the mess I made. I'm staring at the mess I made.
I'm staring at the mess I made as you turn, you take your heart and walk away.
.
Should've held my ground
I could've been redeemed
For every second chance
That changed its mind on me
I should've spoken up
I should've proudly claimed
That oh my head's to blame
For all my heart's mistakes
.
But oh, I'm staring at the mess I made
I 'm staring at the mess I made
As you turn, you take your heart and walk away
.
And it's you, and it's you
And it's falling down, as you walk away
And it's on me now, as you go
.
But oh, I'm staring at the mess I made
I 'm staring at the mess I made
As you turn, you take your heart and walk away
.
And it's falling down, as you walk away
And it's on me now, as you go
.
But oh, I'm staring at the mess I made
I 'm staring at the mess I made
As you turn, you take your heart and walk away
.
Delilah and I silently clap. Calum looks up with tears in his eyes. "I-I'm sorry. Singing makes me feel better. I really shouldn't have done that." "Cal," I put my hand on his shoulder. "You did the right thing. Talking to him about it, he did the rest. I'm not saying everything is his fault, but he chose to do those things to himself." He nods and there is a Monet of silence. Then we heard the deafening ringing of the heart monitor. One long ring. The doctors and nurses run in and a few nurses escort us out of the room. "No!! LUKEY!!! PLEASE STAY ALIVE!!! FOR ME, BABY, PLEASE!!!" Calum is on his knees crying rivers. Doctors are constantly shocking his chest and trying to get his heart to work again. Nurses are rushing everywhere. Delilah and Calum are crying and hugging each other. I am slightly crying, because I believe he is strong to make it. Then Em, Corrine and Michael are running to us. They look and start crying. Michael is standing next to me, doing the same. "He'll make it. He's strong." Michael whispers more to himself then to me. "Yeah, he has been through a lot. Fights with his parents, heart breaks, car crashes, bullies, his Dad committing suicide. If he has made it through that, I'm pretty sure he has this one." Michael looks at me, now crying hard. "A-Ashton. You don't think-" Then it came to me. This might have been the end for him. "No...........No!!! It can't be!" Suddenly I was balling. No, even though he as done these things, I still care about him.
.
**************************A FEW HOURS LATER*****************
.
I am sitting in one of the chairs Tiffany brought for us. Delilah has fell asleep in my arms. Calum is still awake, lying in the middle of the hall, crying. Em and Corrine fell asleep cuddling each other and. Michael is sitting next to Corrine, asleep as well. I can't believe it. 12:37 AM, November 16, Luke Hemmings is pronounced dead. Why did this have to happen to him. God, I wish I could have apologized. I think back to our memories together. Racing down the halls to new people. Him bringing me out of my shell. Him helping me with suicide. He helped me Delilah too. I just can't believe he is gone..................My best friend, is gone.