Chapter 8~Out Of The Comfort Zone

Delilah's P.O.V.
I was feeling pretty bad and I was for some reason filled with anger. I just needed to talk to Ashton. I went up to his door and it was open, showing something I never thought I would see.
"Ashton?" I squeak, he breaks away from Luke. "Delilah, it's not what it looks like. Let me explain." "Okay, explain." I said, crossing my arms. "Oh, I expected you to scream at me. Okay, Lucas here is gay and way flirting with me. Then I came to go get you and he kissed me. Please don't hate me or run off like those other girls in books." I roll my eyes. "Am I gonna regret believing you?" He gets very close to my face and looks deeply into my eyes. "Any chance you take with me, you won't ever regret."
Ashton closed the door then I asked, "Why were you going to get me?" He looked down shyly, then stepped closer. "I was wondering if you would like to hang out, like now... But you don't have too. I understand i-if you d-don't." He was doing so good without stuttering, then started again. "Sure. Let's go to my room."
Once we get inside of mine and Em's room, Ash and I got comfortable on my bed. We talked for hours on end, we even talked during dinner time. Which, we didn't go to. Anyways, we were playing 20 questions. I learned that his favorite color is red, he likes playing the drums, he likes heavy metal music, and other things. "You seem to be more comfortable around me, you're not stuttering." I smile. He gets a little bit closer. "Luke told me that girls like it when your confident and I need to talk to you more like this." I nod. "It's not a bad thing. Just to let you know. I like hanging out with you, this is fun." He nods. "Can I say something? I don't want to scare you off, first of all." "Go ahead. You won't scare me off." "Okay," he move his posture, seeming more confident. "I-I t-thin-nk I-I-I-" "Ash, the stuttering." Then he spoke very fast to a point where I almost couldn't understand, but I did. "IthinkIlikeyou." He gets up and starts to go to the door. "Ashton, wait!" He starts to leave and walk down the hall in embarrassment. I grab his shoulder and turned him around, there were tears in his eyes. "You don't have to say anything, Delilah. I'm sorry I said it. I'm really sorry." I shut him up by kissing him. "You have no reason to be sorry, Ash. I think I like you too." He kissed me again, putting his hands on my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. For once, nothing can ruin this moment. It's just me and him.