Chapter 19~Birthday Planning

Ashton's P.O.V.
(The next day)
Tonight is the first night, in a while, I will be alone. My room is pretty cold and dark, and I can't sleep because of the thoughts in my head. I'm lying awake just looking at the shadow of the ceiling. Will Delilah just randomly not like me anymore? Will she just leave me for some reason? Am I even good enough for her? Of course I'm not good enough for her, why would I be? I'm not good enough for anyone, many have said that to me. So it must be true. Why was I even born? Why am I so-. Just then there was a knock on the door, I slide my hands over my face and realize I was crying. I wipe the tears really quick and take a deep breath. I open the door to see Em and Corrine. Also, the hallway light blinds me. "Uh, yeah?" "Can we come in? We need to talk to you about Delilah." My eyes suddenly go wide as I move out of the way and turn on the light.

They sit on Luke's bed and get comfy, then look at me with wide eyes and Em blushes and looks away. "What? What is it?" I look down and realize I am just in my boxers. I grab some pj pants and a hoodie and sit down on my bed. "Okay, what is happening with Delilah." "Well, on Christmas Eve, it will be her 17 birthday. And the hospital is having a Christmas party, so we are thinking we could slide Delilah's birthday party in there!" Corrine chirps. 17? I thought she was like, 18. Is it wrong that right now I am 19? Um, okay... "Yeah, we should." "Okay, then that part is settled. But why we came here was because we wanted to tell you about the party and to see if you will be attending." "Of course I will. I will do anything for her. Is there a certain gift I should get her?" "Well, just look for clues of what she would want. And how would you get the present?" Corrine looks confused and I think for a second. "Oh wait, did you hear? The hospital is moving in about 2 days. Also, we will have more privlages, but we are still going to be locked down on some circumstances. So the party will be there. I have the paper right here." I get up and go to my desk to grab the paper that was taped to me door. As they read it, I think of what I am going to get her. Em snaps me out of my thoughts and speaks, still blushing. "Uh-um. I guess we will have to plan it there, but it is a surprise party. So just, don't spoil it. And I think we got this paper, Delilah just picked it up." "And I think Michael got mine." Corrine adds. I nod and we talk about the party. "Hold on, I have to grab something from my room." Corrine says. She leaves and it is just me and Em.

"And then there were two." I say awkwardly. "Yeah. You know Ash, you looked better without a shirt." I snap my head up. "Oh my Gosh, I am so sorry. It just slipped." I nod. "Yeah, um, sure. I am Delilah's though." Corrine then comes in, breaking the awkwardness. "What? What did I miss?" She asks. We shake it off and just talk about Delilah and her birthday party. Who knew there was so much to a party? Haha.

They leave around 2:00 AM and I take off the extra clothes they made me put on, clothes are so uncomfortable. Guys just have to make an exception with boxers, you know, just in case someone comes in. My downstairs is for a special lady, not for some random person who walks in. Anyways, enough talking about that. I lay back in bed and fall asleep faster than I expected, and dreaming about Delilah.